Boost over natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering whether I can use bond and boost over natural nails without the silk? Have a client that wants a french manicure but with a very high gloss and doesn't want a normal high gloss top coat! Wants something that will last longer. I have already tried gel, but she said it chipped to easily. Also when applying french manicure could I seal it inside the boost or not?
Thanks,
jp.

jane phillips said:
Hi everyone, I was just wondering whether I can use bond and boost over natural nails without the silk? Have a client that wants a french manicure but with a very high gloss and doesn't want a normal high gloss top coat! Wants something that will last longer. I have already tried gel, but she said it chipped to easily. Also when applying french manicure could I seal it inside the boost or not?
Thanks,
jp.

First ... can you use Bond and Boost w/o silk or fibre? The answer is yes, there is no tecnical reason why not except that there will be less flexibility and the product could crack if applied to thickly.

2nd ... can you seal in your white enamel under the Boost for permanence?
You can try it. More Than White is formulated for this very job but it is not a normal enemel, it is a liquid acrylic. You may find your enamel yellows but it may not depending on the formulation of the enamel. Try it on a tip and see first how it works.

o.k thanks I'll try it. Would you use build as well or just bond and boost? How many layers of boost?
jp.

Well you need to bury the white sufficiently to buff over it without removing it.
Use your judgement. You certainly need BOND whether or not you use BUILD is up to you. If you are going the whole hog, why not just use the fibre as well and make it really last for the client?

I wanted to use the whole system but couldn't talk her in to it.Shes already phoned me today to let me know shes been looking at the gel I use on the net and suggesting I use it another way! Shes coming saturday and have a feeling whatever I do for her she wouln't be happy. From what I can gather shes seen a lot of nail tecs. as she knows an awful lot about professional products.I just hope she doesn't turn into the client from hell!
jp.

Uh Oh!!! Mmmmm!

Does sound a bit like it.
Be firm and let her know that you are the professional and you will make the fianl decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back