Booth renting vs commission

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcolorme

Reaction score
For a stylist, what are your thoughts? Just out of curiosity What does everyone here do? I work for a corporation salon, and am paid on a hourly commission/draw base. I've been there for a few years now, and I'm starting to feel a bit limited. My clientele has grown substantially but I am nervous to take the plunge to booth renting. Any advice?

Last edited:
I enjoy being a booth renter. It's like running your own business but you don't have to worry about employees.
I learned a lot about being structured and it forced me to take my business much more seriously.
I didn't feel like I was ready when I made the switch from commission over to booth rent but my salon owner insisted that I was and it was the best thing for me. I think you will certainly enjoy keeping all the $$ that you were making for the salon :) but try and remember to keep your overhead low at first because that rent happens every week regardless of how much you made the week before.

Latest posts

Back