Boots No 7 colour match

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emjay14

Reaction score
Simple enough question about boots n0 7 foundation and conceler colour match... is it any good, and are the products they sell you any good?

These items are not professional, so whether good, bad or indifferent, cannot be recommended on this site.

I think that the colour match gadget thing is a gimmick. Get your colour matched properly by looking at it on your face in natural light.

Okay thanks.

I don't have the best eye for colour, do don't want to but something that is gonna make me look caked in makeup or something. Thought it sounded gimmicky but not really sure how to get the best colour for my skin.

Okay thanks.

I don't have the best eye for colour, do don't want to but something that is gonna make me look caked in makeup or something. Thought it sounded gimmicky but not really sure how to get the best colour for my skin.

I had this problem, been matched up everywhere and it was never right. I found the best match I had was with mac and never changed since. The foundations are awesome too xx

I had this problem, been matched up everywhere and it was never right. I found the best match I had was with mac and never changed since. The foundations are awesome too xx

Oh really? Thanks. We don't have a Mac store in Plymouth but I'll try and find out if they have a counter anywhere.

It's tricky as well being male, sometimes I don't care but sometimes I feel a bit silly asking in person, and think of feel really silly in a shop testing out different shades to find the right one. Don't know why but I just do.

You might find it easier approaching a salon for a good match foundation. You are more likely to build up a rapport with a therapist than a sales assistant in a shop. Having said that there was a guy on here the other saying what a great relationship he had with the lady on the No 7 counter!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh really? Thanks. We don't have a Mac store in Plymouth but I'll try and find out if they have a counter anywhere.

It's tricky as well being male, sometimes I don't care but sometimes I feel a bit silly asking in person, and think of feel really silly in a shop testing out different shades to find the right one. Don't know why but I just do.

Not silly at all! Last time I went to
Mac there was a lad there getting match. Macs a well known brand, used by professionals too, trust me you will have not been the only male visiting. It'll Defo be worth it. Hope you find something xx

I'll go check it out thanks! :)

My only slight concern is the cost, I'm not exactly flush at the moment, but no harm in seeing what they have to offer.

Thankyou :)

I was matched today :) warm beige apparently.

I can't really afford MAC at the moment (student loan coming soon though ;) ) and I know no 7 isn't exactly popular around here but I figured I'd give it a go and at least when I go for a better brand I'll have more of an idea of the type of colour I'm looking for.

Was an interesting experience sat in the middle of a packed boots having makeup applied. Got some funny looks but who cares.

I'm glad I come across this convo as I got colour matched at boots as have been using it for the past few months Åland I feel it doesn't match my skin but then I thought I was going crazy as it must be if they matched it. I find it goes a bit thick over their primer and I have heard mac are really thick in the skin as well so I am so confused on what brand is best!! I'm thinking of trying benefit have any of you used it? Xx

Mac has a concession in house of Fraser in Plymouth. Only problem is as its a concession they don't do testers.

I'm glad I come across this convo as I got colour matched at boots as have been using it for the past few months Åland I feel it doesn't match my skin but then I thought I was going crazy as it must be if they matched it. I find it goes a bit thick over their primer and I have heard mac are really thick in the skin as well so I am so confused on what brand is best!! I'm thinking of trying benefit have any of you used it? Xx

I had problems with MAC too! Found it too cakey on my skin and I was constantly breaking out in spots through it!
I use NARS sheer glow foundation and swear by it! It's not thick at all so my skin breaths easily when it's applied! I do use MAC's translucent powder, it's the best!
If you definitely want to try Benefit, you can book in and try the product.

I went today and tried out benefits foundations and I have a huge breakout on my chin and it is basically covered now and I feel like it has such an even coverage and not to much so still looks natural I am so pleased!! I ended up getting porefessional primer, boing and the new foundation :) xx

I am a business partner for a mineral makeup company and there products are honestly amazing!! I gave tried all makeup a under the sun and these are the best quality and the best price. Inbox me if you want to know more and I'll get you all full discount :) x

Hi. I work on the No7 counter in Plymouth and I find the device for colour matching to be very good but we are all trained to test on the face too and look with our eyes as well to ensure the best match. If unsure we also give very generous samples of any if our products if you want to try before hand. We really don't mind if you ask us if we haven't already offered.

If you find it goes on too thick then I would suggest that you try a different formulation such as the Stay Perfect Superlight as it's a fine liquid and very easy to apply especially with a brush. I wear over a serum, moisturiser and primer and have found it had excellent coverage and longevity.

I also work as a beautician in a salon and have tried many many brands over the years and have been very impressed with the quality of No7 products which I never thought I'd say as I've always used salon or premium brands. In fact No 7 is the number 1 selling brand in the Uk for both skincare and make up. Quite astonishing really. They have really upped their game I. Recent years and is definitely worth a go trust me! We now out sell Estée Lauders Double Wear too :)

We also have an excellent rapport with our customers with most of the girls each having their 'own' customers who comeback to them time and time again for the excellent customer service they offer. Give us a go!

MAC do offer samples of all their foundations from the concession in House of Fraser but it might pay to take a small pot in with you as I know they run out frequently! I think their foundations are good and have used them in the past and the colour range is excellent.

Another foundation which I've just had a sample of is the new Bare Minerals Bare Skin. It's a serum based foundation so is very fine and buffed into the skin. Great if you want a very natural finish. It's lovely but pricey at £24 which not everyone has the budget for. I checked it out though as I love a new product (beauty junkie!).

If you work at the no 7 counter in Plymouth please mention that Olga is doing an absolutely fab job. Very friendly, made me feel at ease and explained the products really well :)

Olga is great isn't she! I'll def pass on your thanks :)

Latest posts

Back