Boots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, Dont know if this has been mentioned b4, but Boots are selling Seche Vite. Great, not

Scoose me, wot be that then? :confused:

i think seche vite was a professional nail range Trish, i know there is seche vite fast dry top coat and enamels etc, think they now do a full hand and foot range, so id imagine if you used their products youd be miffed to find out boots now sell them!!

xxx

i can't believe this, Seche vite is one of the products i use constantly, and people always say how lovely it is, and now you can get it on the high street. i'm going to have to find a alternative, i like the product i use to be professional. not for every tom **** and harry to get there mitts on. this is so annoying:irked:thg

Seche is the range...Seche Vite is fast drying top coat, Seche base is base coat, Seche Prep is a prep wipe etc....

Yes it/was a pro only product and I use.....or should I now say did use it a lot.

If this is true (nothing on Boots,com) I shan't be replacing my current salon use or retail stock and will be switching to another brand.

:grr: is nothing sacred anymore? To be honest this is why I love CND/S2 and Bio Sculpture...they will not sell to just anyone. And I don't believe they ever will and cut us techs out.

i agree with you whole heartedly, it's like tresemme they switched from professional to commercial. so nobody in the salon business will touch it now. but i would have thought seche vite would have had loads of custom with us pro's . well they've lost me as a customer. when my supply has depleated i will be ordering a alternative, pure greed on there behalf.. :irked:

Yes, saw it hanging there today, with the OPI range.

I didn't think they stock the whole OPI range....just Nail Envy and a top coat or two. i've certainly never seen OPI colours in Boots. Correct me if I'm wrong, please....

It seems to me not a wholly bad thing. Firstly, if the products are really good it gets the brand out there. Secondly, your clients don't come to you purely because of the brands you use; they come to you because you know how to apply them properly. OK, so Boots stocking the brand reduces your chance to retail it, but it should have little bearing on the amount of treatments you do. I have Creative nail enamels but I can't apply them as well on myself as I can on clients!

But retail is an important part of our businesses....and a profitable one too, that I don't wish to lose out on.

For me, in the case of Top Coat (well pretty much most of my retail tbh)....I retail it so my clients have it for use at home....not for them to bring it back to me to put on for them.

I retail my products as superior quality professional products that will give them superior results OVER high street products, as I should imagine most people do here. And if Boots are stocking that particular Top Coat, its not going to make the products I sell seem very professional at all sat alongside Rimmel or Boots 17.

I think its a disgusting abuse of loyalty to be frank, and my policy is not to stock brands that can be bought in a high street chemist.

its that word GREED again....they ain't happy just making bucks from us...they need to be taking our profits too. Makes you wonder what team they actually play for eh....ohh i know...there OWN.

I hate this "I'm alright jack" attitude.

its that word GREED again....they ain't happy just making bucks from us...they need to be taking our profits too. Makes you wonder what team they actually play for eh....ohh i know...there OWN.

I hate this "I'm alright jack" attitude.

Exactly Angie....i think what annoys me most is that they are all over us techs like a bad rash at exhibitions etc when they are trying to launch a product and make a name for it, and then when we've firmly established its success, they just walk all over us and cut us out for the increased profit. Sheer greed!

I hear your frustration, and I think that if I were in a similar situation I would vote with my order book. I would also have a frank exchange of views with my local rep, or with Head Office!
All companies are in business to stay in business, and Seche may need the extra outlet that Boots undoubtedly offers.

Latest posts

Back