boring i know but....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
hello all, :)
when i put a tip on,it is blended well, near enough disappears on the nail plate, when the nail is finished and all beautiful and shiny i can still see very slightly where the tip is, do you call it ghosting? then there seems to be a grey line by the smile line, what am i doing wrong? :confused: would i be better using pink gel bond, i am using solarseal at the moment.

hiya

try pre tailoring your tips , you get a better fit, i like gelbond the best when app tips.

i do pre-blend but still seem to be able to see a shadow under the acrylic on the finished nail, i wonder if the pink gel bond disguises it?
thanks for replying :lol:

Hi there

I myself use the pink gellbond and it does hide any ghost shadowing :lol:

Hiya,

When you wipe the nail over with dehydrator etc after blending but before applying product have a good look before it dries/evaporates & this should show you what the nail will look like finished!

Hope this helps,

Jade x

Sorry Pinkies!

We do not advize that you wipe over your tips with dehydrator at any stage during Creative PREP ... in fact if you do, it will cause cracking of the tips.

While you are learning ... you could apply a little Cool Blue and this will show you if you need to go further. But you will have to follow with ScrubFresh on the natural nail only

Pink GelBond does give a prettier look in my opinion and does help to eliminate any ghost shadowing.

geeg said:
Sorry Pinkies!

We do not advize that you wipe over your tips with dehydrator at any stage during Creative PREP ... in fact if you do, it will cause cracking of the tips.

I am a Gel Tech so have not had Creative training. I sculpt now but I always used to remove the dust from blending with Cleanser & I never had a problem with tips cracking?? I use a brush to remove the dust now though but not for this reason.

hiya

when i do gel nails you wipe with a cleanser to but i dont think they are dehydrators like the l+P ones. I have never had any cracking either when using tips with gel.

I was under the impression that when you blend a tip, you remove all of it and the tip is just an extension of your natural nail.............am I removing too much?
Adele

i have been using curved scissors to cut the well leaving about 1mm but i can still see a whitish line, even though when i blend it on the nail i cant see it, then a grey line its driving me nuts :lol:
thankyou for replying

You could try sculpting? But I guess you want to solve this problem first! I much prefer sculpting!

shropshiredawn said:
i have been using curved scissors to cut the well leaving about 1mm but i can still see a whitish line, even though when i blend it on the nail i cant see it, then a grey line its driving me nuts :lol:
thankyou for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back