Born Pretty stamping plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrenG

New treatments
Reaction score
Hi, how do you rate BP stamping plates and are they worth the wait? Have seen some reviews and they seem ok but reviews of customer service seems poor, do you buy direct from them/Ali express/amazon? So tempted.

I have loads, they are great. Super cheap, not big (unless you buy the supersize plates of course) but they do the job. I always buy direct from BornPretty, super cheap, fast delivery considering where they come from and not had any problems at all.

I have loads, they are great. Super cheap, not big (unless you buy the supersize plates of course) but they do the job. I always buy direct from BornPretty, super cheap, fast delivery considering where they come from and not had any problems at all.

Do you use the stamping polish for them? I had ordered 8 plates from amazon and it cane w their stampers and scrapping tool but quickly learned that the stampers they sent do not work. I have ordered new stampers and black and white polish but have been wondering what the difference is between stamping and regular or even gel polishes. Thanks

Do you use the stamping polish for them? I had ordered 8 plates from amazon and it cane w their stampers and scrapping tool but quickly learned that the stampers they sent do not work. I have ordered new stampers and black and white polish but have been wondering what the difference is between stamping and regular or even gel polishes. Thanks

No I don't use their stamping polishes, I have loads from various sources. As long as they are highly pigmented they'll work, wishy washy colours will not work. Gel Polish will not work (on the whole) as you need two coats of colour for total coverage with Gel Polish which is obviously impossible to do with stamping.

I don't use their stampers either, again, I have a few from various places. Super squishy (marshmallow) are my favourite, but clear stampers are great for accurate placement but they don't do clear marshmallow. Not all stampers work on all plates and it can be frustrating finding which ones work well together.

I have found the more intricate the design the firmer the stamper needs to be, if it's squishy it doesn't seem to pick up cleanly.

Also different polishes don't pick up on every stamper - it really it trial and error

I use a couple of the plates, they work with the 2 polishes and stamper I got, though there was a knack. I find it's trial and error to find what works and what doesn't though. I ordered direct, took about 3 weeks from China, so not bad, and at an excellent price too!!

No I don't use their stamping polishes, I have loads from various sources. As long as they are highly pigmented they'll work, wishy washy colours will not work. Gel Polish will not work (on the whole) as you need two coats of colour for total coverage with Gel Polish which is obviously impossible to do with stamping.

I don't use their stampers either, again, I have a few from various places. Super squishy (marshmallow) are my favourite, but clear stampers are great for accurate placement but they don't do clear marshmallow. Not all stampers work on all plates and it can be frustrating finding which ones work well together.

I have found the more intricate the design the firmer the stamper needs to be, if it's squishy it doesn't seem to pick up cleanly.

Also different polishes don't pick up on every stamper - it really it trial and error

Trinity is sooooo right !!!

Is is really trial and error. A long time I thought I would be to silly to use a clear stamper. Till I know that not all stampers are compatible with all plates!

Latest posts

Back