SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trippsolo

Reaction score
So, I work at a beauty salon and my boss keeps passively saying I should be quicker at my services... It normally takes me 2 hours for a full set, and 45 mins for both a gel Mani basic pedi... She wants me to get my times down to 45 mins for a full set and 25 mins for gel Mani basic pedi... I know I'm a perfectionist and I want all of my work to look clean and Instagram worthy and everywhere I read say my times are about right, so am I wrong for taking to Long?

How long does it take you to do your services?

If your technique is great and you have great results with minimal repairs etc, then aim to cut 5 mins down each time. If you rush it, you risk losing the quality, and then that would be even worse for the business.

I take 1.5hrs for acrylic with tips and shellac/gel polish, 30 mins for shellac/gel polish on hands, 30-45 mins for shellac/gel polish on toes. Xx

45 minutes for a full new set?? That's not infill/rebalance?

It depends upon how many sets you do per day and how experienced you are.
I can do a gel polish in 30 mins and one colour acrylic in 50 mins.
However.....I don’t do that as my clients wouldn’t appreciate feeling rushed and I don’t want to be stressed.
I allow 30 mins for gel polish and 1hr 30 mins for acrylic with nail art.

Omg what about quality of service has your boss thought of that instead of trying g to rush you and squeeze in more clients?

Latest posts

Back