Botox allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMG Beauty

Reaction score
Sorry if this is already out there- I did have a quick search!

But seemed like the right place to ask about Botox! I have a friend of mine with really sensitive skin and she was wondering if she can have Botox? She is allergic to a lot of things and I didn't know if you could be allergic to Botox? Or if there is a test for it?

I've never really looked into the Botox side although i'm now thinking about it myself! X

Thank you ;-)

Hello,

I don't know ur cicrumstances, but I do know u need to be a medical professional to be legally allowed to offer botox.

Ask ur friend to go for a consultation (usually free) where a medical professional will be able to determin if botox is right for her.

Xx

Oh yeah I didn't mean for me to do it! She just asked as I'm in the industry and thought I would know (and as I don't do it and have never really looked into it I have no idea!)

so I put it out to the wonderful geeks.

Just wanted a general idea for her that was all.

Thanks though xx

sensitive skin is not a contraindication for botox, your friend will need to have a face to face consultation with a prescriber first though x

sensitive skin is not a contraindication for botox, your friend will need to have a face to face consultation with a prescriber first though x

I think what she means is can people be allergic to Botox?
Like some people are allergic to say penecillin for instance, could Botox be injected in and cause an alleric reaction.

It's a good question actually, once it's injected in, it's in!

I think what she means is can people be allergic to Botox?
Like some people are allergic to say penecillin for instance, could Botox be injected in and cause an alleric reaction.

It's a good question actually, once it's injected in, it's in!

There is ALWAYS the potential for an allergic reaction to botox - in the same way there is the potential for a reaction to any foreign substance be it face cream etc etc. Nothing is 100% risk free.

Highlights the fact that only medically qualified practitioners should be administering it, as anaphylaxis needs to be treated immediately. Is it a safe procedure - absolutely, in the correct hands!

There is ALWAYS the potential for an allergic reaction to botox - in the same way there is the potential for a reaction to any foreign substance be it face cream etc etc. Nothing is 100% risk free.

Highlights the fact that only medically qualified practitioners should be administering it, as anaphylaxis needs to be treated immediately. Is it a safe procedure - absolutely, in the correct hands!

Very true!

Unfortunately there are many misguided people - a number of them on here that have got it in their head through these 'company's' that they can do Botox willy nilly!

It makes me shudder to think about a non qualified person doing it!

Would be interesting to know what estimated ratio of people are actually allergic to Botox

I've never had anyone allergic to Botox but I have had someone immune! They were gutted I put in all the brands over a period of time and used all the dilution ratios but still no result. Very unusual and she was gutted bless her!

Just remember, botox is made from botchulism and can have major side effects beyond just an allergy.

It is possible to be allergic, its is rare tho x,

Just remember, botox is made from botchulism and can have major side effects beyond just an allergy.

Yes but do you know how many injections of Botox you would need to become toxic?

Only around... 30,000!

It's tiny minute amounts injected into correct areas with very low risk of systemic effects in the right hands...

Botox allergy is very rare, and most professional practitioners carry allergy kits to deal with a reaction.

Hi Botox Boy

Do you mind if I pick your brain?

I had botox into my jaw muscles for teeth clenching - adminstered at my dentist by her partner who is an aneasthetist.

Was really pleased with the results but had to have it twice as it didn't work 100%. After the 2nd lot I had an awful sore throat for almost 2 weeks, went to the Dr numerous times only To be told my throat didn't look sore which was really bemusing!

Do you know if this can be a side effect?

Caroline x

Hi Botox Boy

Do you mind if I pick your brain?

I had botox into my jaw muscles for teeth clenching - adminstered at my dentist by her partner who is an aneasthetist.

Was really pleased with the results but had to have it twice as it didn't work 100%. After the 2nd lot I had an awful sore throat for almost 2 weeks, went to the Dr numerous times only To be told my throat didn't look sore which was really bemusing!

Do you know if this can be a side effect?

Caroline x

Hi,

I
Don't inject Botox into the jaw but I'm not sure there is a direct connection between this and a sore throat.

You can have viral sore throats with no redness so could be a coincidence!

Thanks for info... I thought prob the case! X x x

I've never had anyone allergic to Botox but I have had someone immune! They were gutted I put in all the brands over a period of time and used all the dilution ratios but still no result. Very unusual and she was gutted bless her!

It is rare but not unheard of for someone not to respond to botulinum A,
As their immune system won't allow the shrinkage of message senders to the muscle. Possibly botulinum B could be used, but I'd forget it and try other treatments.

Hi,

I
Don't inject Botox into the jaw but I'm not sure there is a direct connection between this and a sore throat.

You can have viral sore throats with no redness so could be a coincidence!

Yes it's a side effect! Flu like symptoms can be experienced. Your dentist needs to know more about the side effects so he can tell people like yourself!
Hope this helps.

I have been doing 'Botox' for around 7 years now and have never had someone have an allergic reaction to it. It is basically a very safe drug when used in the correct way.

Latest posts

Back