Botox and fillers help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Physio2016

Reaction score
hi everyone, I am a qualified physio trying to find a suitable course and insurance company that will train me however I'm finding it a challenge.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any physios/podiatrists practicing as a aesthetic practitioner and how they went around it??

Can nobody help with this??

I was under the impression you needed to be a doctor, nurse or dentist to provide Botox?
The lady I have come in is a GP. I'm not sure I would want a physio or podiatrist to come in a perform Botox in my salon I'm afraid.
The same as I was never comfortable with the thought of NVQ3 therapies being able to do it either.

Hi, unfortunately you will need to be a doctor or nurse to carry out Botox. Whilst dermal fillers are unregulated in the fact that it is not illegal for a therapist to carry out treatment you will find that most reputable training facilities will only train doctors and nurses.

Personally I'd recommend sticking to what you know. The kind of patients that look to have these procedures are savvy and generally seek qualified, experienced practitioners ( doctors/ nurses). I myself am a level 3 therapist also qualified in minor aesthetic treatments such as peels, microdermabrasion, skin lasers etc and work in a clinic setting. The idea of offering Botox/ filler treatments may seem appealing and easy to carry out but the truth is there is potential for so many things to go wrong, we regularly have to correct the work of less skilled practitioners.

I hope this info helps. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

NO you do not need to be a doctor or a nurse. There is no laws for this, please don't insult me by saying stick to what I know I work with doctors who inject maybe once a month and i frequently inject botox as an antispasmodic for CP children. Honestly some "salon owners" need to know what contact a physiotherapist has with botox before presuming we know what it does. Physiotherapist under the HCPC CAN inject botox. Thanks

No you've got it wrong, you're talking about medical procedures. Doing them for aesthetic is totally different even it they're the same products/drugs, which is why you're unlikely to get insurance for it unless you're a medic. Non-medics who do it are carrying out a delegated treatment.

There's a college near me that trains beauty therapists to do Botox and fillers . I thought this wasn't allowed but a lot of people are signing up for the course . Does anyone know how this is possible ?

This is an interesting thread

There's a college near me that trains beauty therapists to do Botox and fillers . I thought this wasn't allowed but a lot of people are signing up for the course . Does anyone know how this is possible ?

Banning these courses (which are aesthetic not beauty) outright would have a lot of repercussions for healthcare. What's happening instead is loopholes are being closed down regarding obtaining these drugs/fillers and also insurance is becoming very scarce. You might be able to buy it but it's unlikely to actually cover you. So you can take the course but it's on your head if you carry out these treatments.

NO you do not need to be a doctor or a nurse. There is no laws for this, please don't insult me by saying stick to what I know I work with doctors who inject maybe once a month and i frequently inject botox as an antispasmodic for CP children. Honestly some "salon owners" need to know what contact a physiotherapist has with botox before presuming we know what it does. Physiotherapist under the HCPC CAN inject botox. Thanks
I apologise, I assumed you wanted to do the treatment for cosmetic reasons, not medical

I'm a qualified nurse & wondering if & where I can buy fillers.

I have lots of treatments done myself - botox, fillers, semi perm make up and would like to start doing my own.

I don't want to do anyone else's, just my own.

Im not a nurse prescriber at present, I would only become one if I was to think about going into botox business but as I said I just want to do my own.

To buy botox it would have to be via someone who is able to prescribe.

But would I be able to buy filler?

Thanks guys!

I'm a qualified nurse & wondering if & where I can buy fillers.

I have lots of treatments done myself - botox, fillers, semi perm make up and would like to start doing my own.

I don't want to do anyone else's, just my own.

Im not a nurse prescriber at present, I would only become one if I was to think about going into botox business but as I said I just want to do my own.

To buy botox it would have to be via someone who is able to prescribe.

But would I be able to buy filler?

Thanks guys!

Oh gosh I don't think you should do it on yourself at all

It's a lot harder to do it on yourself!!!

I get Botox and my fillers done by two well known ladies who have a ton of experience and I remember her explaining how administrating it on yourself is a totally different ball game. You have to be really experienced to be able to do it on yourself. Again this is what I've been told by professionals

Thanks for your thoughts Coco - you're right - best to leave these things in the hands of professionals.

Researching this has been so interesting!

I didn't realise how many people would like to be able to administer botox.

Ive decided to set up a botox business, just seems too good an opportunity to miss seeing as I'm a Qualified Nurse : )

Work in A&E so have lots of hands on experience dealing with life threatening allergic reactions as well as years of experience injecting intravenously, subcutaneously and intramuscularly as well as teaching injecting techniques to other qualified medical professionals.

Im degree trained so will do Post Grad Aesthetic Medicine at University - so excited!

Im on my way to being an ANP so the V300 is on the horizon anyway - once Im a prescriber Im laughing!

Love nursing with a passion so will continue putting my heart & soul into my day job, will be very exciting to help people aesthetically too & make some (lots lol) of money.

Thanks xx

I'd recommend joining the BACN if you want to go down that route, they are heavily involved in the qualifications and good practice side.

Latest posts

Back