Botox/fillers and beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkpidge

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a question regarding beauticians doing Botox and filler. I’m did a search and the only things that came up was from 2015.

so can we or can’t we perform these treatments. My friend is jumping from me course to another in the hope to make herself busy and someone has offered her the opportunity to train in both Botox and fillers for £2000 which I say is ridiculous? Surely not ? This trainer has told her that she will sort out her prescriptions her insurance everything apparently it all legal and above board. Im
Concerned this might turn into a disaster as I’m very much that sounds to good to be true that price. Is it ?

I think you can do it long as your level 3 beauty, we do a micro blading course at work which is around that price so yea i can imagine botox training definitely being in the thousands,her clients will also have to see a prescriber first so somone that is qualified to issue botox and filler perscriptions, its a tricky business though and things can go really wrong so id tell her really do her research into who ever is offering this training x

As above (or below depending how the replies sit) however...no one is able to advertise Botox procedures as of 31st Jan 2020.

There is a lot changing in the industry regarding regulations etc. I would personally hold off training x

It's important to ensure that the training your friend is receiving is from a reputable source and that the trainer is licensed and qualified to perform these procedures. From my understanding, the cost of training for Botox and fillers can vary widely and it's definitely worth checking with other providers to compare pricing. If you're looking for a reputable and licensed provider of Botox and fillers , I would recommend checking out woodland hills medical spa. They have a team of experienced and trained professionals who can provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
I’m hoping if this bill is passed that the crackdown on un licensed and un insured “salons” are hit hard and first. I’m sick of clients coming to me with damaged nails and not knowing what they have on their nails. This industry should be more regulated but what I worry is who is going to police it? Trading standards are a joke!

Hopefully, as professional and trained therapists, we can start to perform more invasive treatments such as Botox and fillers, since we learn about anatomy and physiology and contraindications etc. just because someone has trained as a nurse or doctor doesn’t mean they won’t hit an artery. Obviously you have to do your research and pay a lot for decent training, if it sounds too good to be true and cheap it’s not worth it and please don’t do it.

I think this government scheme is to make sure beauticians are trained, licensed and insured and to encourage the public to be more aware of these requirements and to see someone’s credentials before treatment.

Latest posts

Back