Botox training for beauty therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes from my relatively short time on salon geek its appears that this type of thread doesnt ever seem to go well .
maybe we should learn from this and as you say essentia,dodgey courses are all thats on offer for BTs for cosmetic injectables training. so maybe thats says it all that we should train properly ,appropriate to all our professions be it nursing ,beauty therapy etc and stick to what we are trained for .x

yes from my relatively short time on salon geek its appears that this type of thread doesnt ever seem to go well .
maybe we should learn from this and as you say essentia,dodgey courses are all thats on offer for BTs for cosmetic injectables training. so maybe thats says it all that we should train properly ,appropriate to all our professions be it nursing ,beauty therapy etc and stick to what we are trained for .x

Annoyingly I'd actually really enjoy a good discussion (not debate) on what the BTs who HAVE started offering this service think?
It is however clear that strong allegiances between posters on this site have happened - that is understandable and normal human behaviour. However I will have no problem telling Botoxboy if I think he's wrong (and I think he knows it LOL) but likewise I will back him or anyone else up if I agree with their points.

What REALLY riles me is when people post purely snide comments - they are not clever, they are not helpful and they are not constructive - I don't care who started it!
We are on the whole a bunch of not unintelligent people (contrary to popular belief of Joe Bloggs on the street!) so why can't we have a good healthy discussion?

*steps off soapbox to go make a cup of earl grey and calm down*

Peace and love to all! :hug:

Hi, I just wanted to make a point about doctors not injecting, in Spain Botox or fillers can only be injected by a Doctor or Dentist (though as with any where I am sure there are ways around this) The Botox doctor who comes to our salon has been performing these treatments for over 20 years, she has a clinic also, therefore is very experienced and watching her work is amazing, so maybe its down to the suppliers of Botox and fillers to ensure that the people administering these drugs have the experience and knowledge to do so safely, whether they are doctors or nurses? xx

Hi, I just wanted to make a point about doctors not injecting, in Spain Botox or fillers can only be injected by a Doctor or Dentist (though as with any where I am sure there are ways around this) The Botox doctor who comes to our salon has been performing these treatments for over 20 years, she has a clinic also, therefore is very experienced and watching her work is amazing, so maybe its down to the suppliers of Botox and fillers to ensure that the people administering these drugs have the experience and knowledge to do so safely, whether they are doctors or nurses? xx

One reason nurses do not inject in Spain, in fact most european countries outside the UK, is that nurse training and qualifications are entirely different. Their scope of practice and level of training and skills is completely different to the UK. For instance, there is no nurse prescribing qualification. They do not have nurse practitioners in hospitals in the same way as in the UK. Another example - we have nurse endoscopists in our hospitals, amongst other things. Some of our casualty departments are entirely managed and run by nurse practitioners.

I completely agree - the pharmaceutical companies should do more to monitor who product is supplied to.

I think what riles some people is that this thread is not really a debate. You posted about BT doing Botox, which has been on here so many times only to use it as a vehicle to boost yourself. It seems that we have to have a BT bashing session on here periodically - no one has said on this thread that they even wish to do Botox!

Have you read any of my posts? I said BT's do an amazing job and I COULDN'T do what they do so I don't try!

My post was directed to the OP not to you. I did not make comments about nursing either!;) However it is 'silly and boring' to keep posting these tired old threads, maybe we wouldn't have to comment on them. :zzz:

Readily sorted... Don't post!

With lots of opinions on the subject having been given, I think the time has now come to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back