Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice for myself. I'm thinking of getting Botox, now whilst I don't have any deep wrinkles around my eyes I have noticed a few fine lines arriving and the crows feet when I smile are looking a bit more pronounced.
Can any of you Botox geeks tell me if getting this treatment done will help prevent lines from developing more and if Botox is done around the eyes does this give skin a slight lift? I know only an eye lift can give a very defined lift to drippy lids etc but I'm wondering if it would tighten skin a little.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has had good Botox done, most of the people I know who get it have had way too much whereas I'm looking for more of a fresher look.
It's curiosity as well in wanting to get it done.

Thanks for any help or advice

I have been having botox for crows feet for over 6 years and it had been brilliant for virtually eradicating them!

My lines (which are hereditary) were quite pronounced and I hated them and were my bug bear for years especially as the rest of my skin has always been really good.

My botox practitioner also pops a couple of injections mid forehead which really pull my brows up and sort of lifts my eyes.

I know it is expensive but it does really work and helps prevent more lines developing. I have also found that over time I leave longer between appointments and only have it 3 times a year.

For me personally it was the biggest confidence booster ever. No one knows I have it done apart from my husband and people just think I look bloody good for my age and are usually shocked when I tell them im 47! As a beauty therapist this is very good for business!

Just make sure you go to a reputable clinic and give it a go.

HTH
PBNJ
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks so much, that's a great amount of info.
I'm just turned 34 and I am lucky with my skin so far, I have always been meticulous with skin care and SPF but I just feel like I need a bit of a boost.
I saw a girl I went to college with in some pics on Facebook and she was looking amazing, I sent her a message to say hi and that she looked fab, she told me she had a peel and some Botox.
It's mainly my eyes that I just want a little lift, I don't need a full eye lift just yet, that can wait for another few years but I thought Botox may give a lift and refreshed look.
I will have a ton of research to find someone good who won't give the caught in headlights shiny forehead look!

Hi Jenbella,

Botox can be administered to give you the effect you want. You don't need to have the Kylie Kick effect with perhaps overly raised eyebrows! This can be useful if you have saggy skin over the upper eye lids but you don't want a permanently surprised look. So there are various combinations of areas that can be injected to give you the effect you want and to paralyse only certain areas of muscles to give you that result.

Botox is often started younger as this way it does prevent the wrinkles/creases from setting in as although Botox will still have a good effect later on, you can not completely remove the 'line' left by the crease.

Dermal fillers can also be used on wrinkles and this way you don't get any paralysed muscles but you need to have a face to face consultation with a good practitioner to discuss what you want and your options. Also to work out what your best option is with whatever budget you have.

Skin peels are very good for fine lines and acne/scarring/uneven skin tone etc and you might want to check out mesotherapy too. I've had a mixture of everything and have just started a course of mesotherapy.

Latest posts

Back