bottles for monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marioned

Reaction score
What do people use to hold their monimer so that it doesn't end up leaking? I've bought a few different bottles, but each time I try them out by putting a little monimer in it, they all have started to melt. Can anyone give me some advice or a link to a supplier?
Thanks in advance! x

why do you want to take it out of its original container ?

I find it leaks if I keep it in the container when I'm carting it around. Plus I just want to take a little with me for "emergencies" if I'm away from home for a while. Any suggestions? X

ah right. i've never done mobile, so i wasnt aware that the bottles leaked.
how come they dont leak when they ship them then ? what type of bottle do they come in originally ?

Which monomer bottles are you talking about? I do find that the CND bottles leak once the seal has been opened if you are carting them about, I think due to the child proof safety cap....these are the only monomer bottles I have found to have the child proof safety caps.

You could decant into something with a sealed lid....although it won't be child proof like the CND bottles but I would also transfer the labels from the original bottle onto your 'new' bottle so the contents can be identified.

I drove down to Plymouth once with my bottle of monomer sloshing about in my box and the vapours were bad, I had to keep the car window open on the whole drive!

Depends what your using.. I have a 32oz of Retention+ and brought a little 4oz bottle as well, I now just top up my 4oz bottle from the 32... after all the little bottle is made to hold the product. Perhaps contact your supplyer and find out if they sell the trial size and just top that up when needed.

a little glass bottle with a screw top lid will be fine.
Maybe try and get one from a craft shop?
I have the perfect little bottle here but i can't get it to you. Bugger.
It's a slim style bottle (similar design to a hip flask, the flat bottle) glass and maybe 2-3 inches high with a screw top lid.

I've got an aluminium Ret+ bottle, have had it for years, and I know they no longer do them, not that that was any help, sorry.

Why not try a glass bottle, I think Nailorder do them.

Ju x

Have you removed ALL of the foil seal from the bottle opening?
When I did my training, Kelly made me remove ever last tiny scraping of the foil as she said it will leak if any was left on.
Same goes for Scrubfresh bottles too...... I learned that the hard way!:lol:

Which brand of monomer do you use ?

Even with retention + and the safety cap i don't have a problem

Have you removed ALL of the foil seal from the bottle opening?
When I did my training, Kelly made me remove ever last tiny scraping of the foil as she said it will leak if any was left on.
Same goes for Scrubfresh bottles too...... I leaned that the hard way!:lol:

this is a very good point and i learnt this too with my scrubfresh....i used to just make a hole in the foil and 1) it didn't pour right and 2) it leaked.............now i remove it all and no probs. x

Lets say for example you are using ret+ and have a 32oz bottle of it, buy a 4oz or even 1oz and decant what you need into a small bottle, that way it is small enough to be upright in a beauty box and supported by other items.

p.s thanks for the advice on cutting ALL the foil off the ret+ and scrubfresh!!! Never knew that!!!!!

Lets say for example you are using ret+ and have a 32oz bottle of it, buy a 4oz or even 1oz and decant what you need into a small bottle, that way it is small enough to be upright in a beauty box and supported by other items.

As a mobile tech that's exactly what I do - my 4oz bottle has a spot in my box that I wedge it into so it stays upright and I just top that up from my 32oz bottle which I store at home......

Ahhhh! Silly me. I've been leaving the foil on, thinking it would help to keep the product in, but obviously I should be removing it. Will give this a go now. I'm terribly disorganised and tend to take a plastic bag with my bits and pieces thrown in! By the time i get to where I'm going everthing is upside down!
The glass bottles that a couple of you mentioned sound good. What is the cap made of though? Would it melt? Will look for the Nailorder website.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions! xx

Get ur self a cosmetic hard shell box luv.. they dont cost too much and come in lots of sizes so you that way youo always have a sturdy kit for on the go.

Hi

I've looked in the Nailorder catalogue they have glass liquid dispenser bottles on page 40 and 41, I thought they just did glass bottles with a lid but their dispenser bottles like we'd use for scrubfresh.

I tried to find it on their website to no avail, sorry.

Ju x

Although i have never had a problem with leaking bottles myself, i am always paranoid they will, so i actually use a small beauty case that fits in to my work case, this holds all my bottles of sanitizer, monomer, resins etc, up right so i never have any leakages.

Just a thought. You can't beat a small box to hold all your bits i though.

I've got my "going away" kit down to a tiny box about a 6" cube size, and also a few files and my brush, so a Beauty box would just be too big for me. I know I should use one, and it would solve my problem, but ah well..... that's me. I bought a big trolley one (3 sections high in pink) at Edinburgh and I just love it. I've been using a toolbox and loads of boxes and bags to store my stuff. so I'll now be able to get it all in there, once I get some time. It's been sitting in my living room for the past week, so I can just look at it!

I looked on the nailorder site, like you, and couldn't find anything, so I emailed them and I hopfully should get a reply on Monday.

Thanks for your replies. xxx

You can get them hard cd boxes would this not be an ideal size for your "travel" kit?
hth

Although i have never had a problem with leaking bottles myself, i am always paranoid they will, so i actually use a small beauty case that fits in to my work case, this holds all my bottles of sanitizer, monomer, resins etc, up right so i never have any leakages.

Just a thought. You can't beat a small box to hold all your bits i though.

This is exactly what I do!
Mine is like a tupperware tub, with clip down sides.
Other than the fact that I know everything is safe in my big case, the tub also contains most of the Monomer odour.

Latest posts

Back