Bottom section of hair turning copper/gold between colours, what is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AISMCCS

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a brunette regular client. The bottom section of her hair always turns to a copper colour pretty fast after a colour.. sometimes it’s almost like gold if it’s been a long period between appointments.

She swims a lot.. wears a cap but I always thought this must have something to do with it? But its literally only the back section of her hair only. The rest fades as normal.

She also wears her hair in a high pony a lot so maybe the sun hits this section a lot? But then surely the top of her head and not the bit under the pony would turn?

She rarely straightens or uses curlers. Uses colour protection shampoos and conditions.. but this one section keeps turning?

Anyone any ideas so i can best advise?

Last edited:
If it’s long hair, that section could be several years old so even if she only occasionally straightened it, it would still cause cumulative damage because the cuticle scales cannot repair themselves. I think it’s probably just a lot more porous in that section than in other areas.

Latest posts

Back