Bowen Technique ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of the Bowen Technique.
It's a sort of light touch massage made up of small, light touches and manipulations. It's supposed to promote deeper relaxation.
My brother has Parkinson's Disease and I feel that he might benefit from this.
:hug:

Hi, I had Bowen for a dislocated elbow last year. It's wonderful, can't praise it highly enough. If you would like some more details of how it works, what the treatment involves etc, pm me.

Hi

I have it for my arthritus. I was so bad 4 years ago I considered quitting the beauty industry. I had one 5 minute treatment and woke the next day in agony. It got worse and worse for a week and then one day I woke up and no pain. That one treatment lasted two years. When I fell pregnant I split my pubic bone at 15 weeks. I was bed bound and walking to the car was agony. I was given a support belt and crutches and it didnt help. I had a bowen treatment every week from 22 weeks to help strengthen my pubic bone and ligaments to stop it getting worse, I never for a minute thought it would get better as my baby was growing and applying more pressure. My therapist went away for a fortnight and I was in agony again so I know it was this that worked. I swear by it. My ex also had it done for his back and one treatment sorted him too. My mum has had it for oedema, and my stepdad for his knee and shoulder and they found it didnt work. I absolutly love it, I reccomend it to everyone. However it wont work for everyone. I am keeping mine up now, and wont hesitate in letting my children or animals have this treatment to help heal them!

Kate x

Hi
I'm a Bowen practitioner (with ECBS as mentioned below) and in my experience Bowen can have great effect with Parkinson's Disease. I would certainly recommend that it's worth trying.

The technique is light rolling-type moves made over skin with the fingers and thumbs. It works greatly with the connective tissue and the nervous system and enables the body and brain to work out the appropriate response for the body to help heal itself. It can also be performed over light clothing so there is no need to undress.

If you'd like any further information, please let me know.

Reading people's experiences here on this thread, they are all situations that I know Bowen works very well.

I do hope you're brother is OK. My uncle has Parkinson's disease and I now how difficult it can be.

Jo

Latest posts

Back