Box braids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Ok, so my daughter does hair braiding from our salon. Today she had a girl book her for box braids with coloured extensions. When the girl turned up she didn't seem very happy, she looked at the colour of the extensions and said I don't think that will go, so we offered her other colours and she said I think I'll leave it maybe next time. What would you guys do in this position. She was told it would take around 6-8 hours.
Thanks
Liz
xxx

It’s a tricky one because she did turn up for the appointment but decided not to go ahead because you weren’t offering her what she wanted on this occasion. Even if you had a cancellation policy in place, you can’t automatically rely on it if you’re unable to offer the (specific) service that the client booked in for. She’s legally allowed to not accept an alternative offer.

If I was booking out a 6-8 hr appointment I’d be doing a consultation beforehand or taking a deposit

6-8 hour appointment I'd most definitely require quite a substantial deposit

Thanks everyone. I didn't realise when she came that she was getting the boxed braids, I thought she was just getting one braid. Then when she left and I realised, I was life wtf. My daughter had ordered in the colours she wanted, but when she turned up she seemed really disinterested and said I don't think they'll go, Ill leave it. I said next time get a non refundable deposit.

No, you can’t rely on saying it’s a non-refundable deposit in this instance because, she’s turned up to the apppointment but (from the client’s perspective) you weren’t offering her what she wanted. If she had specifically asked for X when booking, then changed her mind upon arrival and wanted Z, that’s a different matter.

If you booked to have your hair coloured and the salon had run out of the colour you want, the salon can’t insist you choose a different colour and they can’t keep the deposit in this instance.

Latest posts

Back