Box dye banding help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa91

Reaction score
Het there! I’m just learning the hairdressing ropes and my sister has asked for me to sort out her hair during our lockdown. She put a box dye bleach on her hair a few months ago which has resulted in the orange banding halo at the top coloured part of her hair, but is also present at the nape and mid lengths under the bleached part you can see. She wants a highlighted look which she had previously. Her natural hair is around a level 7. After researching my plan was to use a similar permanent dye to her natural hair and lowlight through the head using foils. I think a toner will wash out too quickly. Not sure how to get the highlight look on this though.. so confused on how to do this!! Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• DB331DFF-1BA2-498D-B64F-A22F72C485AB.jpeg
    DB331DFF-1BA2-498D-B64F-A22F72C485AB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 2233C704-0E78-4969-9AC1-A755D59BA6F7.jpeg
    2233C704-0E78-4969-9AC1-A755D59BA6F7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 3CE6B2DC-2BD8-4ED4-AE28-4C999B971B3A.jpeg
    3CE6B2DC-2BD8-4ED4-AE28-4C999B971B3A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
This is a colour correction service and something you’d learn towards the end of Level 3 and takes a fair bit of practice to get right.

Maybe just stick to adding a few bleach highlights for now to keep it simple. I recommend doing an incompatibility test first because some brands of box dye contain metallic salts and you don’t want her hair melting!

This is a colour correction service and something you’d learn towards the end of Level 3 and takes a fair bit of practice to get right.

Maybe just stick to adding a few bleach highlights for now to keep it simple. I recommend doing an incompatibility test first because some brands of box dye contain metallic salts and you don’t want her hair melting!

I agree. Best thing to do during lockdown is leave it alone. :) You’re gonna make it so much harder for the hairdresser when she returns the more you mess. In lockdown no one sees ya anyway

Plus her hair looks pretty good 😌

Yes I agree leave it alone especially if your not yet experienced.

Latest posts

Back