Box dye blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imoan91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time Post here, newly qualified woohoo.
Just need reassurance I think.
So I have a client who has a base 5. She has for years used several different box dyes and always has an uneven finish. A yellowy blonde colour.
A wella special mix 12/1 is her aim as she doesn't like a white blonde.
Where possible she would like to avoid bleach.
Can I apply 12/1 with 9% to roots and then the 12/1 with 6% to mid and ends for a more even finish without bleach.
Any response much appreciated

What you’re attempting is a colour correction and mixing 12/1 with 6% and applying to coloured hair isn’t going to give you the result you want.

As you’re newly qualified, I’m assuming you haven’t completed training on advanced colour correction/colour removal as that’s a level 3 or 4 unit.

One of the first things you need to understand is that you’re the qualified professional and you must not let clients dictate how to achieve their desired outcome. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn’t be seeking out your services!

Lots of clients request NO BLEACH because they haven’t a clue how it should be used properly and in some cases they’ve used bleach powder mixed with too strong a developer and naturally, it‘s caused scalp issues and possibly led to breakage.

Your job as the trained professional is to listen to your client, assess the current hair situation, work out a plan of action, explain and reassure your client and then carry out the service.

As a general rule of thumb, Highlift tints don’t work well on hair that’s naturally darker than an 8. They don’t contain enough lift or colour pigment to lift the hair to a 10 and neutralise it.

Remember that hair colouring isn’t a matter of choosing a colour from the chart and applying it. You need to take into account the natural colour, tinted colour and condition of the hair before determining your plan of action.

Latest posts

Back