Boy did I bomb!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting thread! I would have definitely not turned her away even though I maybe was not able to make them look gorgeous (business is business) but it is a bit soul destroying when you end up with something that could look better:irked: walking out of your shop with your name on them. eek.

This might be the totally wrong thing to do but its worked for me in the past for very wavy nails - I would have used a velocity tip which I would pre-tailor. Primer - then a little gelbond on the natural nail at the very free edge - let it dry. Smooth it off with a 240 grit before then going on to fit the tip on top of this new surface in the normal way. It helps fill in the dips and so you are more likely to get a good fit with the tip.

As for the flat horrible stubby shape.....:eek: - we're not jesus.

Its so nice to hear geeg saying that sculpting is not the be all and end all as many geeks seem to profess. There are certainly alot of sculpting snobs around here - its very unrealistic for a newbie to be able to make any money or make any decent reputation from sculpting.............it takes such a long long time to produce perfect nails in this way........I should know - talk about flogging a dead horse!! I can now sculpt but they will definitely not look any better, and in my view will not last as long as my tip/overlays, and I spent months discovering this!!

You are not alone honey I share your pain in these and I sure know what its like to be awake all night worrying about it afterwards......we are so hung up on being perfectionist!!

I'm ashamed to say I once recommended white tips to a hair client as a quick and easy system and went on about it enough for her to book - once she was sat in the nail chair however it was instant regret - the beds were just so wide and short I knew I was gonna struggle with the thumbs but I hadn't got time or bottle to recommend something else and went ahead....needless to say I had to stretch the thumbs and they were on so tight and painful I found out she had ripped them off the next day. Mortified. God did I learn from this.. now I won't promise anything until I see what I have to work with and do whats best for them in the long run. But heck I still have sleepless nights...

I did a client like this once - just a NNO. She was happy with the end result but I was horrified.:eek:
I wouldn't accept payment - which kind of made her feel bad since she liked the way they looked.
BUT I had such a bad feeling they wouldn't last and they didn't.

My question is, what would be the VERY BEST TIPS to use for this client?
She has bendy short, dippy, wavey nails. And it's not from any misuse - just her nails.

What tips should I purchase?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back