Boys Or Girls?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm let me think, blokes doing nails, well now....

Ant Buckley
Leighton Denny
Samuel Sweet
Marco Benito
Tom Holcomb

Nope, don't think there's gonna be a problem! :biggrin:

J xx

i think Geeg is annoyed with me

i dont beleive i should have to hide my sexuality..i like people to know who i am so they know what to expect...its not about me showing of and being steryotypical....i wish i didnt post this post now cos i got geeg mad! :-( lol

at the end of the day im gay and i dont ever plan to hide it as long as i live...i like people to know im gay it means i can be myself and not have to worry about telling people in the future...people praise me for telling them im gay and have said thanks for telling me straight away...and not many people can do that.. so im sorry geeg if ive annoyed you...sorry sorry sorry

xxxxx

marcpunter said:
i think Geeg is annoyed with me

i dont beleive i should have to hide my sexuality..i like people to know who i am so they know what to expect...its not about me showing of and being steryotypical....i wish i didnt post this post now cos i got geeg mad! :-( lol

at the end of the day im gay and i dont ever plan to hide it as long as i live...i like people to know im gay it means i can be myself and not have to worry about telling people in the future...people praise me for telling them im gay and have said thanks for telling me straight away...and not many people can do that.. so im sorry geeg if ive annoyed you...sorry sorry sorry

xxxxx

Hi Marc,

I don't think Geeg was mad at you atall, I think like what a few others have said what is meant is no-one cares if you are gay, straight, alien, rabbit or anything inbetween, just as long as you have a passion to be a good NAIL TECHNICIAN, thats what we are all here for! J xx

Good on you Marco!

If you feel comfortable telling people of your sexuality thats fine as long as your not being graphic what does it matter what you disscus in your salon!

thanks jodie....im never graphic i just dont hide it! if people ask i will tell them i am..if people dont i dont talk about it, but im a free spirit and being gay is being me...but like you say it doesnt matter if i im hetro, homo or whatever its just as long as im a good tech :)

:) xxxx

Don't know where you could possibly have got the idea I was mad or angry???? YOu posed the question! I gave my considered opinion.

The post is quite clear as to what I mean, and this is based on exeperience. I once had a client who was 'on the way' to the operation to change him from a man to a woman (I know this is not the same as being gay, but it is a case in point). He used to come into the salon dressed as a woman but it was obvious he was still male in gender. He asked if I minded??? I had to tell him that as long as my clients were comfortable with him and he did not 'take over' in the salon then I didn't mind but that if he made them uncomfortable by continually talking about it, then I would mind.

I don't think anyone should be made to feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately some people are when it is continually in their face. As i say. I do not feel it necessary to explain my sexuality to anyone .... they can see what I am. I'm sure they will be able to do the same with you.

i havnt been putting it in anyones face..all ive done is admitted im gay and that was it....i dont go on about it..in fact alot of people are interested about it and if people ask me questions im not gonna keep the answers to myself....no one around me had ever felt uncomfortable, you seem to have the idea that i continually put it in someones face and im not doing that at all...thats my opinion and i know you have a different opinion and thats your choice,

but i have never made people uncomfortable and i would know if i did, its completly the opposite with me, people are interested and up for a laugh,

im nothing like the steryotypical gay person who goes round flapping their arms and screaming in a high pitch tone, shouting from the roof tops that they are gay, if someone asks me i would tell them, but i dont go round continually telling people i am,m in this case i have told people straight from the start and everyone is happy about it so thats that

Hi Marc

Geeg was only given her professional opinion as of from a salon point of view............as she rightly said peeps should not have to go round explaining there sexuality to anyone as far as I am concerened you are Marc. So I think enough said on the subject and lets get back to talking nails.

Chat soon Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxx

and i agree..i wont only saying :-( at the endof the day geeg doesnt wanna talk about it so she should stop coming in this post...ive had no problems and no one complaining im not bothered...im me me me.... and i love you dawnie...im meeting layla at Excel :) xxx

Ok Marc I'm going to have to say this, you are new to this board and the way forward is not to wind people up, especially people who are high up in our industry like Geeg, you haven't even started your training yet but you seem happy to try and 'take over' what can and can't be said on a board some of us have been coming to for a looong time. I'm sure few people are interested in talking about sexuality on this board, we are here to talk NAILS! So, take it easy, watch and LEARN from some of the best techs in the industry (I'm not talking about me by the way) and show some respect man!! Geeg, Marian Newman (MUM), Ant Buckley, Marco Benito are some of the best industry professionals in the world and we are very very lucky to have them here at our availability to help US!

look! im sorry ok, all i did was post a post and it was never about me...it ws in general, but ive obviously upset some people, so i just want it to end here, ive said im sorry to geeg and i dont want to fall out with her, i do respect everyone and im grateful for all the help i get because i have only just started out...

so lets just end the post here and get back to the NAIL!....andy by the way i would never try and take over :-( i just posted a post which was in general and "different" topic to talk about,

hope you all understand where im coming from

xxx

Sorry geeg! :) i do love you and value your advice and help! im glad to see the back of this post now too...was doing my head in hope theres no hard feeling, sorry to everyone else

xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back