Braided sew weaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden2003

Reaction score
Morning I have started fitting weaves and something about the braided sew in method is troubling me so would like to pick some brains please .. When u join the two braids together with the thread before starting to sew in the weft is there a better way to do this as I'm finding it quite bulky even with the thinnest of braids and getting it flush is really hard .. Is there a knack to this or a different way when I do I can't imagine it's very comfortable either x

I don't sew them together, I was taught to tie the braids off with elastic bands where they meet in the middle then join them with another band. This always seems to sit flush for me, maybe give it a go :) xx

I don't sew them together, I was taught to tie the braids off with elastic bands where they meet in the middle then join them with another band. This always seems to sit flush for me, maybe give it a go :) xx
I don't understand I got to end them with elastic then sort of lie them down and sew them together do u join the two plaits into one plait or put an elastic at the bottom of both then one round the top to join them !! The sewing them together just seems to bulk them out just think there must be a better way .. Also do u leave the bands in or remove them ? Thank u

I was also taught to do braids from either side and secure each one with a band then join the two together with a band

I was also taught to do braids from either side and secure each one with a band then join the two together with a band
Sorry if I sound thick but do u remove the bands ? :)

No they stay in! They hold the braids in place x
Ahhh right thank u will give this way a try .. Do u think it wud work the same if u joined the two into one plait ?

Latest posts

Back