Brand new here - Conversion Course ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsnails

Reaction score
Hiya,

Im new here, so go easy on me ! :green:

Im currently training with Essential Nails, and am looking to do a conversion course in the near future to expand my training.

I would like to do a one-day conversion but not sure who with, maybe Star Nails ? I also don't know who or where I need to go to apply to do a conversion course?

If anyone can give me any info, please let me know, would be much appreciated !

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hoping you can impart some wisdom on me !

Mrs:green:

Welcome to the site !!
You will learn a lot on here and not just in the tutorial section.
I have never used Star Nails products or know much about their training so maybe someone else will help you out there.

I really wouldn't do a course with Star Nails. They are at the lower end of the spectrum and usually people move on from them fairly quickly.

I would choose either NFU Oh, Young Nails or CND. You can find NFU Oh at Affiniti Nails and Beauty, Young Nails have their own site and CND through Sweet Squared although I am not sure that you could only do a conversion with them, I am almost sure they do not recognise Essential courses so would want you to do a foundation course. I may be wrong on this so it is worth checking. It will probably depend on who you can get to and where the educators are based but don't waste money now on anything but well recognised and top quality companies.

Have fun! :)

Thank you for your replies ladies.

Im just poking my toe in the water and getting as much advice as I can before I do anything.

Im currently doing Gels, I have passed Nail Art with a 97% Distinction, I have other courses sat here ready and waiting, but have read alot about conversion courses.

Unfortunatley I dont drive so it needs to be somewhere close to me.

I will research Youngs Nails & CND, I dont know much about them at all.

Thanks again

Hi

You can do a conversion with the Essential Nails certificate if thats what you wanted to do, but there are other companies to do coversions with, its all down to who you would like to train with?

Good Luck in whatever you choose x

Just to add to what Sheila has said - the Essential nails certificate isn't recognised by some other companies such as CND, so therefore if you'd like to train/do a conversion with someone else, you're most likely going to have to do a foundation course again like I did. :)

Latest posts

Back