brand new to this - some questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makingitwork

Reaction score
:rolleyes:due to start my trainig in nails come jan,, intend to go mobile in april ,,, is 3 month enough time to train before going public with self employment

:rolleyes:due to start my trainig in nails come jan,, intend to go mobile in april ,,, is 3 month enough time to train before going public with self employment
I guess it will depend on whether you pick it up straight away or if you need to work hard at it, if you have models to practice on and practice practice practice maybe.....but you also need to think about where you are going to get your clientele from.

yes i have 7 friends lined up to have nail;s put on and do a 8 week course for me ,, i hope word of mouth and then to give up my day job and just do this

Realistically you would be able to work on paying clients but would only be able to charge training rates until you are up to speed and quality, this does take time for the most of us
i think you are expecting a little too much too soon, it will all come together with lots of practise hun :hug:

Cheers,, How Much Do You Reduce For Training Rate ,,

good luck with it hun!!
i trained then went mobile and for a year i hardly had any clients
its hard work im afraid
who you going to train with ?
have you had any experience?
are there a lot of techs in your location?
sorry to sound nosey , just interested lol

pompadour for my training ,, i know a few tech;s, be as nosey as you like ,, im here to learn and take advice ,,,

i haven't heard of that company before but good luck,

my biggest advise would be practise practise practise and keep traing even when you have qualified xx

Cheers,, How Much Do You Reduce For Training Rate ,,
That is entirely up to you, i used to charge £15 per set until i was confident that they looked good, was going to last well enough to be rebalanced at the next appointment and didn't take too long to apply.
If i was you i would phone a few of the insurance companies and check that your training will be recognised with them, like kirsty i too have never heard of pompadour.
you want to try professional beauty and the guild of beauty professionals hth

Hiya

Welcome to the site!

Like you, i trained in Nails, then went part-time at my other job and part-time nails in April this year. I was very busy throughout the summer, had a quiet October/early November and - December has been manic! It has been hard, but i have some regular clients now, although i anticipate janu/Feb will be slow.

I charged £15.00 per set at first, and have just increased to £20.00 per set commencing january.

I know Pompadour - i have a trade card with them, never done any training there tho. I have done some courses at Pinks in Derby.

Good luck with your new venture, however if you have a mortgage or bills to pay, i would advise you to have some sort of fall back job that brings in regular money until you build up your clientelle!

All the best

Latest posts

Back