Branding own make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Ok so we are a small salon in Scotland and thinking of branding our own make up. Looking for animal cruelty free etc so any advice on this would be great. Also we are wondering what people thoughts are on what to stock like a starter selection of stock to get us started. If we are getting own branded goods can we get testers to try first etc. TIA Xx

Generally if you are branding products or looking to produce products with your name you are talking big quantities which would be far beyond what you would use as a single salon. You can try and do a search for a UK supplier as that is your safest way. Buying from international sellers (especially outside the EU) would mean you would have to undertake the cosmetic assessments and register the products etc which is very costly x

Generally if you are branding products or looking to produce products with your name you are talking big quantities which would be far beyond what you would use as a single salon. You can try and do a search for a UK supplier as that is your safest way. Buying from international sellers (especially outside the EU) would mean you would have to undertake the cosmetic assessments and register the products etc which is very costly x

Ah I see what you mean and thank you for pointing that out for us. Any ideas you guys have about make up to stock would be great as well then. I have had previous experience with Bare Minerals i the past and I did live working with it. Just not sure if I want to stick to 1 brand so that’s why I thought branding our own would mean we could pick a collection to suit us then over time adapt it to our clients needs etc

You need to look at private label manufacturers.

The landscape has changed in the UK since I last investigate this, Google "private label makeup," call them, find out if they sit well with your concept, go and see them and take your time and find the right one for you based on your needs. Don't forget to ask about minimum order quantities up front as there's no point setting you heart on something and they have a 10k moq when you only want 100 pieces!, however, this may no be a concern, as it's been over 10 years since I last looked in to this sort of thing!.

Latest posts

Back