brands of nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dye2004

Reaction score
hi all,
i would like to know what brands of nail polish you all use and has any of you used nails inc ones,
i use opi,supernails and nails inc. i find nails inc lasts longer than the others but i find that other nail techs go with other brands than these. is there somthing they know that i don't? :rolleyes:

I absolutely adore the Spectacular range, they don't break the bank, they come in amazing colours and seem to last longer and fair better than many other ranges i've tried, although this was many moons ago, i've just started up again (5 years later) and things may have changed!! :squish:

I have tried many brands of varnish - Jessica, Toma, China Glaze, Zoya and Creative.

My favourite used to be China Glaze but I bought 6 Creative colours at Excel and since then my clients haven't asked for anything else as they love the new colours I bought. I guess I will be buying them from now on LOL.

hi,
thanks for getting back to me do you think then that its ok to have different brands or does it look more the bis just having the one brand? :D

I would think it naff to walk into a hair salon that has 6 different brands of shampoo on the back bar.

My vote is for one. Whichever enamel line you choose to run with... go for it and only it. It helps brand you and instills faith in your clients purchasing. If you have multiple brands, its hard for them to make up their mind in which one to trust as they feel there isnt one you completely trust.

Thats my 2 sterling anyway ;)

hi,
at last we speak grand master geek,
thanks for the advise the only problem is i cant make a choice because i like them all but it is true with what you are saying :rolleyes:

hi ya dye i was watching the QVC the other night and they were showing nails inc varnishes i thought the packaging was nice colours ok nothing out of the norm, they claim their varnish is a one coat varnish but im not totally convinced as when the girl was applying it she was well and truely covering that nail it was practically dripping :D does it last long ? much chipping ect i use creative varnishes and i find that they are the biz! but would be interested to know if nails inc stand up to their claim! :shock:
nickki jonesx :D

I have the Itzy Bitzy range - this is only for my manicure clients as a little bottle of varnish is given to the client in with the price of the manicure. I'm not saying Itzy Bitzy is fantastic but the colours are nice and the ladies really like to take something away with them. For clients who have extensions, things are a bit different - I offer airbrushed colour. I have had problems with airbrushing natural nails in that the colour has lifted off - sometimes in one go.... but that's another story and I'll post a message in nail art to ask for some help in this.
Carol

I have tried loads of brands but my favourites are attitude, avon and creative. I will be following Mr Geeks advice on only stocking one in the future though, although most of my clients choose creative anyway, and it is fab

Sawadee ka

I not agree with sam i think no good only have 1 brand of color .

When customer come shop and see different brand and many color them have choice up to them .

if i was in your country and you have brand your shop i no like i not make color in your shop for sure .

if the owner shop like china glaze and the customer wear opi what good that for shop or customer shop owner maybe little bit stupid .

Kop khu ka mui

I have to make the point that as a salon owner I do not want to look like I am running a supermarket or a bazaar.

I want the salon to look top class and carry a BRAND. A brand that is featured in all the classy magazines and that moves with speed out of the salon in retail sales.

I have been in many salons in the USA where they carry everything from Avon ??? to Rimmel (neither are professional brands) to OPI etc. How long have some of those enamels been sitting on the shelves gathering dust?? getting old and thick and gloopy?? and not selling.

NO ... I know when I introduce my customers to a professional brand that is is of better quality, has better coverage, drys faster and lasts longer, they are going to change their ideas and buy a professional quality enamel from me. They are going to forget about anything they may have thought they liked before and make a change on my recommendation because I know my 'stuff' and am the professional, I have used the enamel on the client and it has done what I promised it would.

Do not underestimate the power of branding. Clients know and read about the products you are using and the salon looks 'all of a piece' and high end.

Sawadee ka geeg

I see in book have stand creative for hold 36 nail varnish and have many bottle very beautifull color and for show customer for buy product very good and good idea.

At my shop not sell product now but buy product for use customer have many customer come change nail color my shop so i have brand choice for customer some customer only like opi some like christian dior some try brand no problem them like color .

When we try new and if think no good for customer we not buy we try little if good buy more .

when i go shop something i buy what i like if i buy jean and can go shop have levi or lee or thai i buy what 1 i like for me i want choice .

Same for customer my shop i want customer have what they like and not what i tell them this what i like this you have .

Soon i bring creative color my shop and when i have i tell customer i have new product creative and i think good number 1 them try and if them like them want use my shop if customer like opi it no good i not have for them if them want .

I have for customer them have what them want i try bring them product that i think good for them and them happy .

Me My sister not wear same color my mama some color i have my shop for young and old lady .

When i sell product then i think i only sell 2 or 3 brand but for use customer i will have many .

Kop khun ka mui

hi,
thanks all for the messages how long would you say polish should last for on a natural nail using a base coat and top coat ?

nickki,
nails inc hardeners are good and the top coat the colours are nice and so are the look of the bottles. i do think you need to practice with applying the colours but i find they wear better then opi and zoya which are top brands their oil is nice too and what i hate the most about painting nails is when you have done a french manicure and the next day the white tip chips and you just one to climb under your manicure table and cry or burn the bloody thing :evil: anyway i think if nails inc colours doesnt chip for a few days then the french colours should last long which is what we all need
love dye

Hi All

I too had this issue when choosing a brand for my salon which has just opened. I tried loads of different types, gots loads of colour charts and worried that although I loved Creative, it might be thought by the customer to be expensive!

IWAS WRONG!

Firstly I used Creative polishes on myself and found them to last with the top end of the market - so therefore be compatible in price.

Secondly, due the the great marketing of Creative their colours and products appear in NOW (last week mentioned Toughen Up), last week (Super Shiney) and other of the best selling magazines. So I am a local stockist of a product unavailable in other places - that is good.

Thirdly as Geeg says with regards to branding, they are know throughout the world. I had a customer ring me after seeing my advert with the Creative logo to order 2 bottles of 213 Rosebud - when she came to have a manicure and pick them up, I asked how she knew about them. She had been shown them in TASMANIA!!!! (Where she has a second home!!) They did not have a spare in Tasmania and she had spend months trying to track down a local salon!

So anyway what I am getting at is that I think going with a reputable Brand with good Brand Awareness throughout this country and preferably others will stand you in good stead to look professional. Offering only Professional products will again, get you to stand out from Boots and other Chemists.

Good luck!
Lesleyx

dye said:
hi,
thanks all for the messages how long would you say polish should last for on a natural nail using a base coat and top coat ?

I dont sell as many varnishes as I hoped. On extension customers, they come back with the varnish still on.

If the natural nails are in good condition then the varnish can last up to two weeks. My natural nails airbrushing clients come back with their airbrushing still on after two weeks.

I charge for varnishing so I actually make more money varnishing their nails than I would if I sold them the bottle to do it themselves.

Nearly all my Customers recognize the Creative brand. The way I see it is if they want to choose between lots of different products, and have to decide which is the best choice then that is what Boots or other supermarkets are for.

Creative may be expensive to some people, but at the same time, how many people have paid that amount of money from supermarkets, and had it chip away in a day, go really thick, or not dry for about half an hour? It's like they say, you get what you pay for. :D

People like Geeg and Sam have stuck to one brand and look at the success they have had. They have become widely known and respected through this. I'm following their route! :D

How much more can you get from any polish line than .....

Hundreds of colours

Brand recognition

Fantastic coverage

Rapid drying time

Long wearability

Never goes thick

Seasonal colours

If any line gives you all those things, then it's worth looking at. Creative does it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back