Brandy creme... EH?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cec

Reaction score
Ok, this is a STRANGE question, I know....:)

You may know I am going to Leeds... You also may know that I can't stand Christmas-pudding... What I love is the brandy creme... So my question is... How long is the best before date on such things??? Will I manage to put it in my suitcase (I assume it's cold in the luggage room at the plain) and bring it home to Norway AND have it for Christmas???

(This reminds me of the "clotted creme" thread I had when I moved to UK.... oh... it's TWO years ago!!!!!! The time flies!)

Thanks in advance.

:hug:C.

Do you mean the brandy sauce ? If so you can buy it in cartons that will have a long shelf life.

Hey babe,
make your own lol, its so easy: Thats how I make mine yummy yummy yum xxxx

175ml (6fl oz) Milk
80ml (3fl oz) Brandy
2 egg Yolks
1 level tsp Arrowroot or Cornflour
1 tsp Light Brown Sugar

Blend arrowroot (cornflower) with a little cold milk.
Heat the remaining milk and when boiling stir it into the blended arrowroot.
Return mixture to pan and bring back to boiling point.
Mix together egg yolks, brandy and sugar.
Allow the arrowrootsauce cool a little, whisk into the egg mixture.
Cook without boiling, whilst whisking until the sauce thickens, if too thick add a little milk or cream to slacken.
Serve hot

Im with you on this i cant stand Chritmas pudding either:eek:

I much prefer a creme brulee....im sure you would love calvados which is an apple brandy.....mmmmmmmm

Do you have a christmas specialty in Norway....ive never been there but i lived in Stockholm in Sweden for a while when i was an au pair,and i remember eating a spicy cake called "kanalbullar" if thats the pronunciation...LOL.....it was LOVELY:)

Do you mean the brandy sauce ? If so you can buy it in cartons that will have a long shelf life.

Brandy sauce, yes, it has to be... That is the only thing I like with Christmas pudding! :-D What else can you use brandy sauce for, any suggestions? Haha, I will fill my suitcase with food....:-D

C.

Ruth, thanks in a million! I will try to do this... Maybe in the weekend... :)

I tried to look "arrowroot" and "cornflour" in my dictionary... Can't find it, but I THINK I know what it is...

Haha, my diet will be ruined... :irked::eek::lol:

:hug:C.

Hey babe,
make your own lol, its so easy: Thats how I make mine yummy yummy yum xxxx

175ml (6fl oz) Milk
80ml (3fl oz) Brandy
2 egg Yolks
1 level tsp Arrowroot or Cornflour
1 tsp Light Brown Sugar

Blend arrowroot (cornflower) with a little cold milk.
Heat the remaining milk and when boiling stir it into the blended arrowroot.
Return mixture to pan and bring back to boiling point.
Mix together egg yolks, brandy and sugar.
Allow the arrowrootsauce cool a little, whisk into the egg mixture.
Cook without boiling, whilst whisking until the sauce thickens, if too thick add a little milk or cream to slacken.
Serve hot

Oh yes, creme brulee is yummi, yummi. I am used to make creme brulee for dessert at Christmas, but this Christmas I think I have to make both Christmas pudding and creme brulee.

"Kanelboller" yes, we have it here in Norway too, but it's not a Christmas "thing" here. We have it all year round... It's buns with cinnamon, sugar and butter. I make some very nice! If you ever come to Norway, I will bake some for you! :) BUT I am not sure if "Kanelbuller" in Sweden is the same as "Kanelboller" in Norway. Wonder if "Kanelbuller" is buns with more then cinnamon? Yes, I think.... HELLOOOOOOO, I know there are some Swedish here... HELP us out! :-D

(I am a food-wreck, just as Kaznails... I LOOOOVE food... And that's what I miss the most with Liverpool, going to the grocery store... The selection is SO much wider then in Norway!)

C.

Im with you on this i cant stand Chritmas pudding either:eek:

I much prefer a creme brulee....im sure you would love calvados which is an apple brandy.....mmmmmmmm

Do you have a christmas specialty in Norway....ive never been there but i lived in Stockholm in Sweden for a while when i was an au pair,and i remember eating a spicy cake called "kanalbullar" if thats the pronunciation...LOL.....it was LOVELY:)

Kanelbullar is cinnamon buns. Just the same as in Norway. :green:

brandy sauce with mince pies, especially if you add some brandy to the mince meet a couple of days before making the pies:lick: and eat the pies whilst still hot.
Calvados is wonderful in coffee, takes me back to living in Paris.
And sherry trifle, and Stollen and those little rum truffles that you get from the German chrismas fairs.
You guys are so bad for diets:lol:

Latest posts

Back