Brassy hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple01

Reaction score
Client has between base 7+8 with some white on sides used 9-0+9-1 nxt went very brassy any ideas please?

Sorry I don’t use NXT so I’m not familiar with their tones but what were you trying to achieve originally?
Did you use the matching NXT developer, if so, what strength?

Sorry I don’t use NXT so I’m not familiar with their tones but what were you trying to achieve originally?
Did you use the matching NXT developer, if so, what strength?
she had about 1.5”roots due to lockdown mid lengths and ends had lightened and She’s been using fanola shampoo on the midlengths and ends and liked the “dirty cool blond” look it gave. she wanted roots lifting and greys covering but wanted to keep the “dirty blond” look She seemed happy with it but I’m not thought it looked very brassy
9-1 is very light ash blond in nxt Ives colours 1/2 and 1/2 with 6%

If the client is naturally a base 7, 9.0+9.1 with 6% won't get you dirty blonde. That would only work if the hair was lighter, and you were depositing the colour. Your best option would be to bleach and tone to gets true ash blonde /dirty blonde

Yes I agree but she wanted full Root and white hair coverage
im thinking i would have been better talking her into a root shadow with blonde hilites then toner with ash/centre to get a dirty cool blonde?
she Hasn’t complained I’m just annoyed with myself don’t feel I did a good job

Might be worth adding violet along with the .1 the violet will kill the yellow and let the .1 show through.

Yes on reflection I think your right i Panicked when I saw the brassy tone

Latest posts

Back