Brassy roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lara81

Reaction score
Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted on here. Iv got a client who colours her hair between 6/7 more a 7 dark blond with cool tones. Her natural is level around a 5/6 with 25% grey hair. Anyway she wasts to cover the greys so I was thinking of using 7/18 wella koleston with 6% to lift to a 7 but I’m worried it still may have a brassy undertone. So will the 7/18 be enough to neutralise the orange undertone As the 8 has a blue tone?

Or would a 7/89 be better

Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted on here. Iv got a client who colours her hair between 6/7 more a 7 dark blond with cool tones. Her natural is level around a 5/6 with 25% grey hair. Anyway she wasts to cover the greys so I was thinking of using 7/18 wella koleston with 6% to lift to a 7 but I’m worried it still may have a brassy undertone. So will the 7/18 be enough to neutralise the orange undertone As the 8 has a blue tone?
You'll probably need to add more tone to it to achieve a pure cool tone.

If she is a natural level 6 can you not lift past the orange to make toning easier? I hate toning orange hair to a level 7 or 8 I haven't found a way to make it look properly neutral I can only do very ashy or not enough it seems.

My own hair also lifts incredibly orange as if I have coloured it orange so I always just lift higher and tone down

Thank you both that helps. They are good ideas. The orange is so annoying isn’t it. I had that problem when I was blond so I always used lightener to lift to a yellow then toned but never as low as a 7! :) I’m doing my client tomorrow so I will lift past 8 then and tone down and add more tone to make sure it’s cool enough. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back