Brassy tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
I Ombred my daughter's hair yesterday and it came out fine, she was really pleased.
This afternoon it seems to be looking really brassy with lots of orange and yellow tones. Can't believe how this has happened. I have just toned it using loreal dialight 902, but with very little change.
Any clues as to what I can do next?? Thank you.

I always use .21 in alfaparf for this prob it works a treat if it's very orangey u may not of lifted it enough and that's why the 902 didn't work ? May be a level 8 would be better suited?

I Ombred my daughter's hair yesterday and it came out fine, she was really pleased.
This afternoon it seems to be looking really brassy with lots of orange and yellow tones. Can't believe how this has happened. I have just toned it using loreal dialight 902, but with very little change.
Any clues as to what I can do next?? Thank you.
Try using dialight 9.01 for like 5 minutes!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466232985.708553.jpg

Using this particular underlying pigment chart the brassy tones you describe would be something like a level 6-7.
A level 9 toner is too light.

As Allan said the toner needs to be on the same level as the hair to get a good result, also hair looks so different in different lights, I saw this pic on Facebook recently and saved it for reference it shows just how much lighting can affect how we see colour

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    852.8 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back