Brazilian hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Evening geeks
I have just had the Brazilian wax from hell. I do not have much experience with hot wax and always use creme wax with strips but have recently started using perron rigot homme. I got in such a mess with it! It was the consistency of bubble gum when I was pulling it off and snapping, making it difficult to remove. It was also matting in the hair and got stuck. I felt so unprofessional and literally gave up, I just wanted to get out as soon as I could!
I came home so upset. I love waxing but not sure hot wax or intimate waxing is for me. Does anybody have any tips or can shed any light on why the wax was gummy? I used oil first and had the temp at 60. I think it's a great product so am not questioning that at all but clearly I am doing something wrong. There was also a lots of tiny bits of residue wax left on the skin

Is it possible that maybe you were too careful with how much oil you used. I find if I apply too carefully and not enough it can happen with wax sticking to the skin x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've only been waxing since November but have done quite a few Brazilians. I had trouble with Homme yesterday but I think the room was too warm as I had the same problems as you. I had the wax on 54 as per Kim Lawless so think you had it too hot to start with but mine was also gummy and broke when I was pulling off the bum strip. I think it's just experience. Love hot wax but have found intimate 4 sets quicker than Homme. Definitely a work in progress.

Hi there

Homme is a creamy wax and works much better at a lower temperature. I use Homme and use mine at 54 on the digital. It's a big change going from strip wax to non strip and takes time to used to the difference in waxing technique.

Are you coming to professional Beauty at the weekend as we will have Homme and all the other waxes on the stand and we can give you some help. If not then maybe see if you can get to a discovery workshop which will show you the best way to use the Perron Rigot waxes.

Hope you are not too stressed by it all.

Latest posts

Back