Brazilian keratin treatment not gone how I'd hoped

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i had the treatment on mon pm and followed the rules to the letter.
washed out this morning after leaving on for 4 days . used the £50 shampoo and conditioner that goes with treatment.

my hair looks hardly any different, i'm so disappointed.
i called the salon but the stylist is busy atm but will call back.

what i want to be sure of is if my expectations were too high. i was told at the salon that i should be able to blow dry with a paddle brush and it should look smooth like it did when the product was on. but i'm back to puffy waves !
i dont blame the stylist or anything, but it just doesnt seem to have worked.

the treatment was called nanovive keratin i think.

Hi Angelfingers ..... wish I could help you with this one but I dont do these treatments perhaps persianista or sophisticuts or someone who knows about them can advise you better if they see this post ,

hope you get it sorted out soon and can have what you hoped for :) x minky

ive spoken to the hairdressers and they were lovely about it. i have to go in this morning to see them. they have assured me that it will be sorted out , and asked me when i have time to do it again.

if after a second treatment i'm not getting the results, would it reasonable to ask for a refund? i wouldnt bother if it had been a £30 hair do but with the shampoo i paid over £150. or do i just have to put it down to experience and know that the treatment just wasnt for me?

i just want to be sure that my expectations of the treatment were not unrealistic. i understood from my research and from the consultation that i could blow dry my hair with a paddle brush and it would be reasonably smooth, whereas its still got a curly lambswool finish l.o.l

Thats strange Susan as mine hasnt gone to plan either ????

my global keratin always worked with amazing results - i could just blow it with paddle brush and not have to straighten it.

i have had a keratin complex 1 as i was lead to believe these were 1 of the best, done as you said followed guides. washed off 4 days later to find i still needed to GHD for the smoothness. i called back today and had no joy yet as the salon owner is on holiday.

moi is not a happy bunny
hope u get yours sorted soon x x x

went in today.
they are going to re do it in a couple of weeks time and said if it still doesnt work they will refund me.
they couldnt have been more appologetic or reasonable about the whole thing, so i'm very happy with the customer service even if i still have wooly hair.

I have had a similar difficulty with strong, virgin hair and la brasiliana. Took me two applications to get a good result.
The treatment woorks best on fine, rather damaged hair.
I think give it a second go, if it still doesnt work, accept the refund. It sounds like the salon is being very fair.

I have had a similar difficulty with strong, virgin hair and la brasiliana. Took me two applications to get a good result.
The treatment woorks best on fine, rather damaged hair.
I think give it a second go, if it still doesnt work, accept the refund. It sounds like the salon is being very fair.

thats really interesting.
so it was as it should be after the second treatment?
can you explain why it didnt work the first time. is it because when the hair isnt damaged , the cuticle isnt open and not so porous for the treatment?
and is there anything i can do to make it work better the second time ?

Matbe the stylist used "cheap" ghd straighteners!!!!

I find on strong virgin hair, it can be a job getting a good keratin shell to form. The second go has always done the trick for me.

I had BEOX done yesterday it looks amazing......but I'm putting that down to the pro blow dry. Was told that I could wash it myself after just 24hrs and not 4 days as some of them say. I'm dying to go and wash it myself now but scared it will look the way it did before. I'll let you know. x

Hi, as I mobile hair stylist I was mislead at first by one of my suppliers about the keratin treatment. There are few on the market - different makes and strengths. I couldn't get Global Keratin or BEOX first so I bought QOD Chocolate and it washed after 2 month. Luckily my client worked with me (after discount) and had it re-applied and again it washed out after 2 months (another discount). I wasn't happy so I went to my other supplier and got BEOX Acai & Guaranna. And then I have realised few thinks which I wasn't told: BEOX is more expensive but works much better. And they have 3 flavours/strengths. Chocolate is for adding moisture, shine, Acai & Guaranna is for reducing volume, de-frizz and straightening and Marrakesh is for over processed bleached hair. Maybe they have used wrong product. I have learned as I went along and it always comes to - you get what you pay for!:idea:

hi
i had the global keratin blowdry a fortnight ago im very happy with the results, i still have to run my straightners over my hair to get the finish i want but it is soft and managable and takes only 20 mins to wash and dry and style compared to an hour beore the treatment. hopefully it will last for the 3-5 months she stated it could.

good luck with ur second attempt, hope it works out, oh i spoke to a woman the other day who had like u had the nano one and hers only lasted for 3 washes and she paid over 200 for it.... do they only use that treatment in ur salon? maybe u could ask for a different brand if they have the option avaliable ?
xx

unfortunately the second attempt did not work either.
i was very dissapointed, i thought it would be the answer to my prayers :lol:

but although i didnt get the results i was looking for, i cant fault them on their customer service, they were great about the refund and didnt make me feel awkward or anything. i wouldnt hesitate to go back there now for other treatments because they handled it all so professionally.

Latest posts

Back