Brazilian Keratin Treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniS

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm not a hair geek in any way, shape or form but on a trip to my hairdresser last week (Toni&Guy) they were raving about this new "Brazilian Anti-Frizz" semi-permanent hair straightener. Apon investigation on the internet I came up with the following site and just wondered if anyone has any experience with/of this treatment. I'm considering it for my extremely thick, kinky (as in waves!!) hair but wanted to check it out properly first.

www.braziliankeratin.com

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Jenni:green:

hi not sure about that make in our salon we use straight8 permanant hair straightning which works really well even on very curly hair .as its permanant lasts ages only need roots done when they get annoying xx donnam

this sounds to me like a "natural" hair straightner that i used to use about four years ago.. it had pineapple enzymes in it (along with other chemicals!)
you wash your hair put the stuff in then put the straightners through..

when i first started using iti thought it was really good.. but after using it a couple of times i started to react from it.. (im sensitive to nearly everything)

it does sound good tho..
my man is brazilian and he was telling me about this really good stuff (keratin) he used in his hair in his afro years.. tried to get some but havnt been able to.. will try get some when i go to brazil.. it may be similar to the stuff you asking about but ive never tried it..

if you do use it let us know how you get on..

I have been using it for years, and even though my hair is not too curly it makes it sleek and frizz free, I apply it on man and women generally I apply it to friends and such, but it is wonderful.... It has been around for a while but the popularity of the Japanese straightening has overpowered the Brazilian and honestly the brazilian is better because is non permanent, is made with Keratin (which is the protein that MAKES your hair, nails etc...) meaning that if you at some point get tired of straight hair you can curl it and still have the benefits of the keratin treatment making your hair look healthy....as if this was not enough it is a progressive process so the more you use it the better results you will have.

check out my facebook page:
Lisse Bkt Hair Treatment - New York, NY | Facebook

I have been using it for years, and even though my hair is not too curly it makes it sleek and frizz free, I apply it on man and women generally I apply it to friends and such, but it is wonderful.... It has been around for a while but the popularity of the Japanese straightening has overpowered the Brazilian and honestly the brazilian is better because is non permanent, is made with Keratin (which is the protein that MAKES your hair, nails etc...) meaning that if you at some point get tired of straight hair you can curl it and still have the benefits of the keratin treatment making your hair look healthy....as if this was not enough it is a progressive process so the more you use it the better results you will have.

check out my facebook page:
Lisse Bkt Hair Treatment - New York, NY | Facebook

Latest posts

Back