Brazilian wax help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annastazia

Annastazia
Reaction score
I need help! I recently did a Brazilian on a client with very coarse, very curly hair (She is from African decent). I used hard wax. When I applied my strips the lip would grab nearby hairs and would make it very difficult to do my pull. I use my stick to do the pull but it was very painful for the client. At one point on the pubic bone she was in so much pain we had to stop. I soften the wax with oil wax remover and pulled it off with the direction of hair growth. What can I do to make it better for next time. It's took us 2 hours to get through.

Was this her first ever one? I don't do waxing or anything but I get a Hollywood wax every 3 weeks and my very first after I'd be shaving for years I had coarse hair was sooo painful. Especially around the public bone. Maybe she might be OK on the next one if there a bit finer xx

Now obvs the pain doesn't bother me at all x

You need to use a good quality wax and end your strip where there's no hair.

What kind of training have you done?

It shouldn't really make much difference whether her hair was curly but would make a difference would be if she'd shaved the hair and didn't leave 3 or 4 weeks before she waxed.

It's always best to lead the wax onto where there's no hair and if you need to, lead apply the wax in an L shape and lead it onto the nearest area that's hair free. Also, make sure that the end of your wax is a bit thickets so that's it's strong when you remove it.

Just as a guide, regardless of hair type or hairiness, you should aim for less than 30 minutes but most clients will take about 15 mins with ease (no rushing).

I really feel for you.

Latest posts

Back