brazilian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi im thinking of doing an advanced course in waxing ive hardly seen it advertised does anyone know how much they charge to have one done in the essex area???
is it popular??
thanxs xx

Hi Em, corr your doing a lot of courses at the moment where do you find the time lol!!! Not sure if it is popular but i too was looking at the course last nite for after christmas once ive mastered my nail systems. I know that Ellisons do a course on it that is a very reasonable price. I too would be interested if it is popular do you need to have done a waxing course already to do this? only i briefly done leg waxing at college as part of the beauty therapy basic course i did. x x

hi kelly well its a day course at brentwood academy its hot waxing as its kinder to the skin its in october and november gonna book it soon just wondered how much someone would pay for a brazilian ?

emmalouisa said:
hi kelly well its a day course at brentwood academy its hot waxing as its kinder to the skin its in october and november gonna book it soon just wondered how much someone would pay for a brazilian ?
Cant help with the price sorry but just wondered do you need to have already done a waxing course to undertake the brazilian course?

yes as it an advanced course have u done waxing?

if u wanted to know just phone brentwood xx

I only did leg waxing as part of my Beauty Therapy Course i did at college, i would do training with Ellisons anyhow, so think i will give them a call nearer to the time thanks x x

you can pay up to €100 for a brizillan in ireland or €55 for a pattern i.e. shaped into a heart or a shamrock for St. paddys day - the man in your life will love it ;)

has anyone had a pattern do they use stencils or something?

In Surrey it is £20 - £35 brazilian and £40 - £50 for hollywood!!! That is in the salons, some people working from home charge about half those prices.

Lisa xxxxx

Emma I think the Guild also do training on this - if that helps at all! xxx

hi yes they r so expensive and im not insured with them so u pay extra thanxs anyway will stick with the college i go to thanxs xx

emmalouisa said:
hi yes they r so expensive and im not insured with them so u pay extra thanxs anyway will stick with the college i go to thanxs xx
Hi Em, i know you go to the brentwood academy so am presuming its good, i notice your booking a lot of different courses with them to do more with the beuaty side do you get them discounted if you do it that way and can you pay over a period of time? or do you just book as you go along so to speak?

hi kel its a private academy so you pay more i go there as it does more courses than my local college i pay as i go along as its better for me as i dont want to do all the beauty diplomas give them a call for there course info also look on the web its got all the courses and how much they r xx you give them deposit of £50 and pay the rest 21 days b4 the course starts xx

emmalouisa said:
Well now you`ve got me confused................how on earth is hot wax kinder to the skin? I`ve trained in both and I can`t see how one is kinder than the other.
Also when applying hot wax it has to be applied in a figure of eight in loads of layers, I can`t imagine doing that in such a strange area. If anyone out there does brazilians with hot wax i`d be interested in knowing how its done. (only out of curiousity as we won`t do brazilian in the salon)

yes brazillians are commonly done with hot wax!!! where warm wax clings to the skin and hair....hot wax only adheres to the hair.........i have always found better results with the hot wax. It takes training to do in suc a delicate area.......but the results are great!!! There is a great website that gives u all the info on the three brazillian sisters in America who brought about the great brazillian craze.......using hot wax!!! I will see if i can fine the web addy again it is so long since i have been on it!

HI

This is becoming very popular in my area. I have LOADS of clients asking for it, at the moment we dont offer it but ou of client demand i am looking into it. Not too keen to do it myself though!! :eek: oh eh knickers on for me am afraid!! Interviewing at the moment for another therapist as we are soo busy and just carnt cope with the work. Turning it away which pains me. However i dont want my clients going to another salon that offers brazillian or hollywoods as once they have them they will prob stay. So any info anybody has or if you have had it done i am all ears.

Thats really interesting, thanks for that. I`d appreciate the web site if you can find it as I`d like to take a look

Thanks for that Tracy, I think I`ll stick to conventional waxing, lol
I hate that anyway, I didn`t go into beauty to inflict pain but I certainly can`t comprehend having to do such delicate areas whilst doing yoga too

ok i got it wrong it was 7 sisters!!!
They also have a website.......which i will keep trying to find which tells you all about them and how they do the waxing..and so on!

Latest posts

Back