Brazillian blowdry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla04

Reaction score
I am wanting to offer Brazilian blow drys in my salon but I am wanting a system that is formeldahyde free, can anyone recommend any?

I read somewhere that these products that claim to be 'formaldehyde free' are not. Seemingly what they do is add a chemical to the product then when heat is applied formaldehyde is then created! It's very sneaky, as you are actually buying a formaldehyde free product but as you use it, it's created. I'll try and remember where I read it and put a link up.

I know I might have a lot of people disagreeing with me but I'm really against these products, the health risks are far too scary for the hairdresser and the client not just that these typeof products are carcinogenic but they can seriously damage the follicle causing the natural hair cycle to stop (no new hair growth) . Then applying seriously high heat to the hair...it's just a big no no to me. 😕

I don't believe that story, I think it's another Daily Mail scare monger. If the Brazilian had wrecked her hair then why does it look so healthy? I have had a disaster with a Brazilian (won't name the brand) and the clients hair was wrecked from root to tip and took a year to recover. Most manufacturers warn that if hair is already damaged the heat must be turned, and also split ends will be made worse, hence cutting is advised after. I may be wrong in this instance as all products are different, but come on if this was really the case the hairdresser involved would have been dragged through it and also the product. Nope I think is a load of *****

Kerastraight is formaldehyde free x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Keratin revolution is formaldehyde free. I've used this a lot but to be honest I don't offer it to anyone with chemically damaged hair just in case!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I read somewhere that these products that claim to be 'formaldehyde free' are not. Seemingly what they do is add a chemical to the product then when heat is applied formaldehyde is then created! It's very sneaky, as you are actually buying a formaldehyde free product but as you use it, it's created. I'll try and remember where I read it and put a link up.

I've heard this aswell, the formaldehyde is created by applying heat, but isn't present in the product when it's bought. Its the formaldehyde in these products that make them work unfortunately.

I've had 2 la Brasilliana blow drys & hair feels great.... I've got bleach thru my hair & its still silky & shiny!

Latest posts

Back