Brazillian wax, skin peeling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautific

Reaction score
Hi I have been doing my own brazillian wax using hot wax for about a year now and decided recently to have it done by a mobile therapist (she used a tea tree creme wax).
This was two days ago and now i am itchy and the skin is peeling off me :cry: I know this is not normal but what couldve caused it and how would I treat it?

Hey, sorry to hear your news :-( I think the wax was too hot and she may have burnt u a little. I would use some savlon (antiseptic cream) that should help. Hth and ur better soon xx

Very difficult to diagnose without seeing it. It could be all manner of things, from wax allergy, poor application, friction from underwear, poor aftercare.
The best thing is to tell the therapist so she can assess and advise.
My personal take on it, notwithstanding it's sight unseen, is that strip wax is not the best thing for brazilians.
Sits back, bites fingernails and waits for the flak!

Thankyou for your replies and yes Lynne I think I have to agree with you there!
I carry out many intimate waxes on clients in my salon and never have problems....the skin peeling resembles that of when you have a sunburn and it peels.
The peeling is only down one side of the labia so i am unsure if it was the angle the strip was pulled off at as the rest is fine although much more tender than usual.

My personal take on it, notwithstanding it's sight unseen, is that strip wax is not the best thing for brazilians.
Sits back, bites fingernails and waits for the flak!

I'm with you on this. I switched from warm to hot wax for bikini waxing a while ago. Some waxers do use warm wax effectively, but it's a skill to do it without removing skin etc :)

Gosh, you joined in 2004!
Prostrates oneself at the feet of an SG elder statesman!

Hi

As already said its hard to say without seeing it, but It sounds like maybe the wax was too warm.

Personally in my salon we use hot wax form intimate waxing and underarms too.

Hope it feels better soon, not the nicest place to be sore :eek:

OK, I can see I'm going to be down here for a loooong time!

Lynne??? Down where lol?

It could be any number of things. Dry skin, wax didn't suit you, broken hair, wax too cold/hot……….or just one of those things. You're obviously experienced so what are your thoughts as to why this happened? x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back