Brazillian Waxing Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering doing Brazillian and Hollywood waxing in my new salon. But being new to this, I do not know where to go for training in this specific area! I do not know anything about which wax would be best for this sensitive area and who is a good company to give me good training? I live in the Lake District so I think it would go down quite well. Travelling is not really a problemmo for training as I am happy to drive anywhere to get decent training but obviously places closest to the Manchester area are best. Could anyone please help me with this? Your knowledge is appreciated! :)

Thank you!

Just PM'd you with info. x

If you can afford it, I would strongly recommend "The whole ball of wax" by wax queen.... Lori Nestore. She's an amazing teacher and known world wide.

If you can afford it, I would strongly recommend "The whole ball of wax" by wax queen.... Lori Nestore. She's an amazing teacher and known world wide.

I second that its the most informative dvd around and very visual however I would recommend at appropriate course as a first port of call.

A third vote for The Whole Ball of Wax, it's simply the best DVD on the subject out there.

It's worth noting, however, now that Habia have introduced their new National Occupational Standards for intimate waxing, many insurance providers are requiring all UK therapists who want to newly introduce this treatment to undertake hands-on training that covers the revelant units.

Habia (www.habia.org.uk) can point you in the direction of approved courses, Lydia, or you can try Capital Hair and Beauty, Salons Direct, Hive, Aston and Fincher, and your local Sallys. All of these outlets and providers run courses across the country, so you should be able to find one reasonably close to home. I also know that Perron Rigot and Lycon run Brazilian waxing workshops in central London.

You could also try The Guild of Beauty Therapists' training directory, I know there are several schools offering Brazilian waxing courses listed on their site: Beauty Guild : Training Directory - Beauty Guild

HTHs :D

Andy x

$175 dollars i just saw it for **GULP**

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

anyone got one i can 'borrow':green:

$175 dollars i just saw it for **GULP**

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

anyone got one i can 'borrow':green:

Yup, and it' $175 well spent, trust me. :green:

Consider what you would normally pay to attend additional training and then add the fact that not only does the DVD cover every inch of the body on both men and women, but you can rewind and rewatch any technique as often as you like in the comfort of your own home. Seriously, I have recouped the initial cost of the DVD many times over just with the timesaving tips I picked up.

You know me, hun, I wouldn't recommend anything wax-related unless I really thought it was worth it :D

Andy x

I've been asked by Thalgo, to be their trainer for female Brazilians. I'll be running courses from their head office in London Docklands and I'll also be going out to salons .

So, Andy and I are going to be the Jason and Kylie of waxing. :lol:

Latest posts

Back