Brazillian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't mind if it's just a little sweat from the time they have gotten out if the shower and got to the salon. Hey we are all human. It's the whole cleanliness thing. Expecting someone to wax you when they clearly know they haven't washed.
I just have no tollerence for poor hygiene and it really makes me angry to the point where it's on the tip of my tongue to say something. Of course I never would. So I probably wind myself up even more lol
The wipes are a fab idea guys and thank you for all of your advice...fab as always
xxx

I have never and never would dream of suggesting anyone clean themselves or use a wet wipe before a brazillian or Hollywood(much as I would dearly love to at times).Nooooo,sure way to embarrass someone beyond belief and probably never see again:green:.
We have wet wipes in the ladies and a lot of ladies choose to use before their treatment of their own accord,especially if they have come to us straight from work at the end of the day, for example.The secret is to learn to breathe through your mouth and think of something else...works wonders.I do this with clients with rancid toenails too.:)HTH x

I would gladly not see some of them again :lol:
So these wipes will work great and go either way. The clients will either be nice and clean for me or bugger off HEE HEE xxx

I would gladly not see some of them again :lol:
So these wipes will work great and go either way. The clients will either be nice and clean for me or bugger off HEE HEE xxx
You are very lucky you can afford not to see again!!!!:)Remember we are nothing without our clients......:hug:

You are very lucky you can afford not to see again!!!!:)Remember we are nothing without our clients......:hug:

I don't offer it mobile hun. Just bikini wax. I'm in a spa also, which is what I am talking about.
But very true we are nothing without clients. But these spaces could be filled with something else. Oh roll on the winter lol xxx

Just to add, because of your first comment about not wanting the following client to think the smell is you.
I use fabrise and I know that others use oust to take care of lingering odors.
Just a quick spray makes sure its always fresh in your room:hug:

I don't offer it mobile hun. Just bikini wax. I'm in a spa also, which is what I am talking about.
But very true we are nothing without clients. But these spaces could be filled with something else. Oh roll on the winter lol xxx

Im lost cherub...I dont work mobile!!!!I did many moons ago.I work in very busy salon...I know they could be filled with,'something else',but we must remember that there are many other salons and if we are suggesting that someones hygiene is sub standard then they may be deeply offended go away,tell their friend who in turn tells their friend,who then tells their mother....it goes on and on.Anway,I've said enough....just sometimes we dont always think about the knock on effect.Clients=money=business=survival=rep!!!!I can put up with smelly didgery doos for 1/2 hr=£20.00 thankyou very much!!!!Noses soon become immune!!!:green:Gas mask perhaps.:hug:xx

Great to see you back Babs!

I don't offer wipes either. The majority of clients are clean enough, the odd one or two smelly ones I can put up with. I have had to have a word with myself once or twice and remind myself this is how I make a living!

TOP TIP: (Borrowed from TJReiki) Try a dab of Vicks under the nose!

Great to see you back Babs!

I don't offer wipes either. The majority of clients are clean enough, the odd one or two smelly ones I can put up with. I have had to have a word with myself once or twice and remind myself this is how I make a living!

TOP TIP: (Borrowed from TJReiki) Try a dab of Vicks under the nose!

Thanks hun...:hug: Yes thankfully they are mostly clean.I suffer terribly with hayfever so Vicks is big no,no for me....I sneeze enough and this would set me off even worse.Clients know me well enough with my sneezing!!!!:eek:without adding fuel to the fire,lol.:hug:

Im lost cherub...I dont work mobile!!!!I did many moons ago.I work in very busy salon...I know they could be filled with,'something else',but we must remember that there are many other salons and if we are suggesting that someones hygiene is sub standard then they may be deeply offended go away,tell their friend who in turn tells their friend,who then tells their mother....it goes on and on.Anway,I've said enough....just sometimes we dont always think about the knock on effect.Clients=money=business=survival=rep!!!!I can put up with smelly didgery doos for 1/2 hr=£20.00 thankyou very much!!!!Noses soon become immune!!!:green:Gas mask perhaps.:hug:xx

I don't think by asking a client to have a quick clean up is going to scare them away. Maybe if I said 'look you stink have a good clean up' then yes ...who wouldn't be scared away.
As the other geeks said if I put it in a subtle way and say that it's just to get better results with the wax in this heat then they surely wont mind.
I would probably be sitting in reception thinking 'oh my god am i sweating?' so for me knowing I am going to get a wipe would put my mind at rest. I know not everyone is the same. But i really do think this is a great idea. It really isnt a case of my nose becoming immune. I literally am ready to gag. So I will try it and let you know if they come back :hug: xxx

I don't think by asking a client to have a quick clean up is going to scare them away. Maybe if I said 'look you stink have a good clean up' then yes ...who wouldn't be scared away.
As the other geeks said if I put it in a subtle way and say that it's just to get better results with the wax in this heat then they surely wont mind.
I would probably be sitting in reception thinking 'oh my god am i sweating?' so for me knowing I am going to get a wipe would put my mind at rest. I know not everyone is the same. But i really do think this is a great idea. It really isnt a case of my nose becoming immune. I literally am ready to gag. So I will try it and let you know if they come back :hug: xxx
I suppose it depends what clients you have.I know for CERTAIN my clients would be offended...deeply offended if it were suggested they 'clean up'.Its like saying ,you KNOW they aren't clean.Personally I WOULD be offended IF this were suggested to me.

Please dont be offended I have written this,I have been in this industry a long time.I have worked in a spa,worked mobile and a busy salon,and I KNOW how clients would react should I suggest they clean up prior to a treatment.(dont get me wrong,I know where you're coming from)
When I did my training,many moons ago,it was suggested that we have on out price lists(when doing swedish body massage training)that we suggest the client take a bath/shower prior to coming in for massage.....sounded good on paper....in theory .......noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!I have had ladies and gents come to me for massage etc,after doing a 5 mile run!!!no shower nothing....They openly tell me,I begrudgingly think,what the hell!!!!!!Sweat and all.Not nice,but small price to pay for wages I suppose and I dont like but mmmm.

anyway,each to their own.If you're happy with telling clients to clean up(in however you feel is the best way)and they come back...good on you.:) xx

I suppose it depends what clients you have.I know for CERTAIN my clients would be offended...deeply offended if it were suggested they 'clean up'.Its like saying ,you KNOW they aren't clean.Personally I WOULD be offended IF this were suggested to me.

Please dont be offended I have written this,I have been in this industry a long time.I have worked in a spa,worked mobile and a busy salon,and I KNOW how clients would react should I suggest they clean up prior to a treatment.(dont get me wrong,I know where you're coming from)
When I did my training,many moons ago,it was suggested that we have on out price lists(when doing swedish body massage training)that we suggest the client take a bath/shower prior to coming in for massage.....sounded good on paper....in theory .......noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!I have had ladies and gents come to me for massage etc,after doing a 5 mile run!!!no shower nothing....They openly tell me,I begrudgingly think,what the hell!!!!!!Sweat and all.Not nice,but small price to pay for wages I suppose and I dont like but mmmm.

anyway,each to their own.If you're happy with telling clients to clean up(in however you feel is the best way)and they come back...good on you.:) xx

Oh huni i'm not offended in the slightest :hug:
It's good to hear everyones different opinions on things. I can see both sides of everything and completely understand what you are saying. Which got me thinking ...some of my clients would probably be offended so maybe I just wouldn't ask them and grin and bear it.Or could maybe just leave some in a box on the side and say 'help yourself to one if you like. Some people like them, some don't...so up to you' That way they wont feel obliged to use them.
Thank you for your advice sweetie xxx

Oh huni i'm not offended in the slightest :hug:
It's good to hear everyones different opinions on things. I can see both sides of everything and completely understand what you are saying. Which got me thinking ...some of my clients would probably be offended so maybe I just wouldn't ask them and grin and bear it.Or could maybe just leave some in a box on the side and say 'help yourself to one if you like. Some people like them, some don't...so up to you' That way they wont feel obliged to use them.
Thank you for your advice sweetie xxx

Hey welcome and thats a good idea xx:hug:

I've been thinking about this from a clients perspective and I think I would actually like to be offered the chance to use a wipe because I would then not have to worry about embarrassing myself :hug: I definitely think saying "the wipes are there if you want one" would actually be nice!

I've been thinking about this from a clients perspective and I think I would actually like to be offered the chance to use a wipe because I would then not have to worry about embarrassing myself :hug: I definitely think saying "the wipes are there if you want one" would actually be nice!

I always have wipes available and say something similar.... 'please help yourself to a freshen up wipe if you feel you would like to use one' , I don't make a big deal out of it, just point them out so they know they are there for them if they want to use one. I really don't believe I have caused any offence to any clients I have had, the vast majority do return to me for repeat treatments :hug:

Whenever im going to get my own done, i allways make sure i have taken with me. Maybe many clients do the same?:confused:

Latest posts

Back