Brazillian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Is anyone just hating doing this treatment in this heat? I'm getting really annoyed. I know we all sweat and this is going to sound so unprofessional but...even the more reason to WASH before coming for this treatment!!!!!!!
I'm trying to think of a polite way to say 'wash before your bloo** treatment.'
What do you guys do? Just not say anything or find a subtle way?

Help me geeks ...what do I say? I get so paranoid that my next client will come in and thinks it's me! :eek:

xxx

I would ask them to use the freshening wipes that I provide. You could just stop the service and explain due to the humidity the wax won't be able to perform to its optimum while the skin is very moist due to the humidity , and say could you please just give yourself a freshen up with the wipes before you will continue. Most would understand in this sort of weather and wont take offence if you make it out to be the climate rather than them just not being clean.

Aye, Andy (Axiom) mentioned the freshening wipes too when I modelled for his course on Tuesday (but as a general comment as thankfully I had had a bath that morning of course and wasn't particularly sweaty). So definitely offer the freshening wipes to your client - also that could be seen as a nice add-on to the service; you could say something along the lines of it making the wax perform better if you didn't want to offend anyone concerning body odour!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh thank you guys! Where do I get these wipes and what are they called? xx

The ones Andy used were branded PhD, even though the wax he used was Perron Rigot, of course...
Posted via Mobile Device

It would also make sense if you updated your web site/price list/etc to say something along the lines of "For hygiene reasons, and to get the best results from your waxing treatment, I request that all clients use the freshening wipes provided before having intimate waxing treatments".
Posted via Mobile Device

Kylie you can just get some baby wipes from the supermarket.

Kylie you can just get some baby wipes from the supermarket.

LOL, trust Andy to have the posh, individually wrapped ones!
Posted via Mobile Device

I am currently using Andrex moist toilet tissue wipes... they are ideal and you can get a nice dispensing box and just add the refills when you need to do. I get my wipes from Asda. I prefer these to the baby wipes I used to use as they have a little more about them and are made for use in the intimate areas afterall.

(Baby wipes work fine too.. I just like the Andrex ones at the moment hehe!)

I always offer baby wipes (sensitive ones) and say ' theres wipes there for you to freshen up if you need to' and then leave the room for them to get ready. Most of my clients are pretty conscious about it anyway so i dont seem to have a problem. Athough i did have a lady once with a sanitary pad hanging out the side of her knickers!!! :eek:I kindly asked her to come back after her time of the month had finished!! she never did come back though lol:lol:

I have baby wiès for them to use but I cleanse throughly so it doesn´t bother me. As long as they´ve showered beforehand, I don´t mind. xxx

I have Femax/Femex wipes. They do a whole range of intimate washes, powder etc just for down there. I buy them from the local chemist.

I guess its not all of your clients that you are a bit fed up with for obvious reasons and its only a few.

When you leave them to get undressed and climb onto the couch just point out that you have wipes there for them to use - at the same time explaining that the wax would adhere better for the treatment.

I'm sure some of them are conscious of being sweaty but dont quite know what to do about it....
The others speak for themselves.

Cant say I've had any problems lately....

Some people need to be told quite directly (but politely of course)
i hand them the wipes and a towel and say
"if you would like to get undressed, freshen up with the wipes and cover yourself with the towel when you get onto the treatment couch and i will be back shortly"
no one takes offence at this
(some people have never been waxed before so wouldn't know what to do with out instruction)
and it makes it more comfortable for you and them when doing the cleansing pre waxing, hth :hug:

Hi there,
Being from Australia we have this problem most of the year!! LOL!
I have a tray set up on the bed, which has the hygiene wipes (baby, toilet etc), a freezer bag thing for them to put it in when they have wiped themselves (as the bin is hidden and out of site in the room so they wouldn't know where to put it other wise), a privacy towel, a clothes hanger and a disposable g-string. I just let them know what they need to do i.e use the wipe and then place it in the disposable bag, put on g-string etc and to place the tray on side and get onto bed when sorted out cover themselves with the towel. I leave the room and then knock and re-enter after a few mins while they are sorting themselves out. Works really well for me.
Most people are good with hygiene but there is alway one or two!!!

I've had real trouble with extreme waxing in this heat.....I've been using warm wax and really need to sort myself out with some good hot wax - I think the warm wax doesn't perform as well in this heat, it's just too sticky! As for wipes I get mine from ellisons. Lorraine

Most people are good with hygiene but there is alway one or two!!!

Exactly! I dont thing every woman/man who comes through the door would have a hygiene issue! Guess some people sweat more than others as well.

I have never and never would dream of suggesting anyone clean themselves or use a wet wipe before a brazillian or Hollywood(much as I would dearly love to at times).Nooooo,sure way to embarrass someone beyond belief and probably never see again:green:.
We have wet wipes in the ladies and a lot of ladies choose to use before their treatment of their own accord,especially if they have come to us straight from work at the end of the day, for example.The secret is to learn to breathe through your mouth and think of something else...works wonders.I do this with clients with rancid toenails too.:)HTH x

Must admit ,and i don't do very intimate waxing,i just presumed you cleaned them yourself anyway using your normal pre wax solution.
They have never given me wipes and things before a smear test or a post natal check and they delve even deeper.:eek:
I think just reminding people on the treatment list is a good idea and just put your gloves on and slosh over the pre cleanse.

Must admit ,and i don't do very intimate waxing,i just presumed you cleaned them yourself anyway using your normal pre wax solution.
They have never given me wipes and things before a smear test or a post natal check and they delve even deeper.:eek:
I think just reminding people on the treatment list is a good idea and just put your gloves on and slosh over the pre cleanse.

yeppo you do Gillian but sadly some peeps smell worse than others (same with feet)and a light pre-cleanse doesn't work....thankfully these people who choose not to be of the, 'clean smelling brigade' are few and far between.ive been in the salon I work in now for 6 yrs and I can hand on heart say I have had less than a handful who dont smell of roses and we do a Lotta intimate waxing.:green:xx

Latest posts

Back