Breakfast Bar as Nail Table??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennykins

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Do you think this breakfast bar set would be useful as a nail bar? (click link for pic) or would you give the high stools a wide berth?!

Buy Amelia Breakfast Set. at Argos.co.uk

I'm thinking the stools may be a little uncomfotable after a while

Any thoughts appreciated

xx :hug: xxx

I think it's quite nice although the chairs might not be too comfortable. Looks nice though. x

i like the shelves on the table but the chairs are not thrilling me at all!!!

Ruth (aka NailsinLondon1) has the exact same and loves it. The depth is perfect but my concern would also be the comfort of the chairs/stools. You could always get other chairs.

My no. 1 is the Peanut table from Ikea.

good call christine...i forgot about the peanut table!!! thanks for the reminder xx

I personally wouldn't go for it.

I have a high nail station at the salon with those sky scraper stools and I find them uncomfortable to sit on as always seem to be bending over.

9 times out of 10 I use the couch to do hand treatments as most of my clients are mature and its not very nice to be sat like that for up to an hour. jmho

I went to look at this a while ago In another store b+m it was about £30 in there,
But it did look a little uncomfortable,
In ikea a few months ago they had a breakfast bar all set up as a nail bar, it was fantasic I think alltogether it came to about £70 / £80 for the table the stools, a 3 tier swivel shelf that attaches to the leg, and a lamp,
Unfortunaly when I went I only had about £50 for a tabla and chairs :(

I went to look at this a while ago In another store b+m it was about £30 in there,
But it did look a little uncomfortable,
In ikea a few months ago they had a breakfast bar all set up as a nail bar, it was fantasic I think alltogether it came to about £70 / £80 for the table the stools, a 3 tier swivel shelf that attaches to the leg, and a lamp,
Unfortunaly when I went I only had about £50 for a tabla and chairs :(

that sounds interesting going to look on the website to see if there is a picture.

I just looked actually. couldnt see anything under the kitchen section :cry:

i've seen a black breakfast bar in ikea with swivel shelves on the leg...this may be the same as the one you saw emmsybabes....i loved it!!!

When I had my home salon, I used a corner computer station from Ikea (the peanut table was too big for the room) which also looked really good (not obvious that it was a computer station) and only £45.

I'd definitely make a trip to Ikea x:hug:

I've just had a nosey on the website I can't see it on there,
It wasn't a package, but all set up as one, but I remember nearly crying because I really wanted it lol, we added all the costs up and it was around £70 ish
It sounds like the same as what you saw jennykins,
It looked so lovely all set up,
It was a few months ago In the warrington ikea, just before you get to the section where the peanut tables and pc desks etc..are .
god knows wether it will still be there now,

Ill carry on looking on the website though xxxx

hi, i make mine table from an old siwing table,:)and got 2 chairs from a 2-hand store:!: work for me. go to 2-hand stores.before buying one,,

Hi Geeks,

Do you think this breakfast bar set would be useful as a nail bar? (click link for pic) or would you give the high stools a wide berth?!

Buy Amelia Breakfast Set. at Argos.co.uk

I'm thinking the stools may be a little uncomfotable after a while

Any thoughts appreciated

xx :hug: xxx
I bought this for doing friends nails at home but had to replace the chairs cos they are really uncomfortable and you keep sliding off the edge of them as they are so tiny for the bum, lol
the long shelve underneath also gets in the way, you cant put your legs under it so end up sat to the side,
i would give it a miss unless you want to replace chairs and use with shelve not in place, hth

I personally wouldn't go for it.

I have a high nail station at the salon with those sky scraper stools and I find them uncomfortable to sit on as always seem to be bending over.

9 times out of 10 I use the couch to do hand treatments as most of my clients are mature and its not very nice to be sat like that for up to an hour. jmho
I agree with Juliette,I used to work in a salon that had a nail bar for mani station and OMG did it kill my back,hurt my backside and I would get clients saying it wasn't particularly comfy,each to their own of course,just speaking from experience.

why not buy some leather fabric and foam and cover the stools.

use a staple gun and staple neatly underneath.

They used this set in a salon I worked in for a while. You cant get your legs under the table properly so I spent most of the time stood up! Not good for your back one bit!

I bought a similar one from Lidl, I think, for £30 which has a higher shelf so you can get your legs under it, but it's low enough to use a dining room chair for the client to sit on. When I finally move into my nail room, I'm going to get the Argos desk and some comfy chairs tho. Hth's xx

I've found the table and chairs i think i'm gonna go for....i'm having a litttle play around with our spare room....i'll show you all pics when its done!

thanks for all your replies xx

I bought the argos set for home nails use. We took the shelf from the top as you couldent get your legs comfortably under it & moved it to the bottom in line with the first small shelf, its now ideal as a foot rest. The stools i agree are uncomfortable so ive got some foam & material which i intend to staple to the stools as fingertips suggested.
I could go take a photo if you'd like to see?

I bought the argos set for home nails use. We took the shelf from the top as you couldent get your legs comfortably under it & moved it to the bottom in line with the first small shelf, its now ideal as a foot rest. The stools i agree are uncomfortable so ive got some foam & material which i intend to staple to the stools as fingertips suggested.
I could go take a photo if you'd like to see?

I would love to see a photo, please.

Latest posts

Back