Breast cancer awareness nailart etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sassy_minx24 said:
Hi Loo

I think those designs are gorgeous, I especially like the rhinestone ribbon.

I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 11, so as you can imagine this is a charity that I also hold close to my heart. It's important people are kept aware of this terrible illness. This is a brilliant way of doing just that !

Keep up the good work !

Sassy x

I am so sorry to hear that. Hope that lots of people have the breast cancer nails to help. I was thinking about the NHS they have a magazine thats delivered through my door every so often with health issues this month it has an article about breast cancer and I wondered if I could approach them to do an article for the breast cancer awareness nails so more people could hear about them to help raise money. What do you think, im a bit nervous so not sure how to advertise it other than to my usual clients????

I just loved your breast cancer awareness designs. The really look amazing! You should totally talk with that magazine about it. Just tell them straight up about what you're doing. As for your usual clients, do the same... just let them know that you are now offering it and why. Good luck!

What a fantastic idea and definately great to see someone use their skills to help raise awareness of such a serious issue.

I think I saw an ad the other day about breast cancer saying something like; "There is only one type of woman susceptible to breast cancer - The female kind"

I too was looking at the red thinking what a fab colour that was and had to laugh when you responded that it was bogota blackberry. I happen to be wearing it right now and it's my current favourite! :D

Jadey 0:)

hiya i think they are beautiful,and what a nice way of fund raising,for such a deserving cause,i think its ace ,well done loo,

CND with the help of their global distributors have raised over $3m for the City of Hope which spends 24/7 on trying to find a cure for cancer. We did an enamel called Hope that we sold for £3.50 but asked our customers to sell them also for £3.50 so that all monies went to Cancer Research - it worked really well!! I think CND bring out Hope every year to raise money - it's the same colour as the pink ribbon!!

Mrs Geek said:
CND with the help of their global distributors have raised over $3m for the City of Hope which spends 24/7 on trying to find a cure for cancer. We did an enamel called Hope that we sold for £3.50 but asked our customers to sell them also for £3.50 so that all monies went to Cancer Research - it worked really well!! I think CND bring out Hope every year to raise money - it's the same colour as the pink ribbon!!

Thats Brilliant news I for one would use it!!! I love pink too I also lost my Grandad to Lung cancer so trying to find a cure is absolutely fantastic I hope the colour comes out again!!!! :D :D :D

which book did you get the pencil idea from? i've never heard of that one!!

They all look fantastic, i've wanted to do something for this charity for ages! you're a very talented artist!! :o

twotooty2fruity said:
which book did you get the pencil idea from? i've never heard of that one!!

They all look fantastic, i've wanted to do something for this charity for ages! you're a very talented artist!! :o

Awwww thankyou evryone for your kind comments. The book is called nail artistry by Jacqui Jefford,Sue Marsh and Anne swain. It is a great book!!! :D

They look so good, very effective and can be used to raise money!!! What a great combination.

Love the red nails, they gleam so well.:biggrin:

What a brilliant idea, well done you. :)

My nan is currently battling cancer, not breast cancer but i am supporting any charity/assosiation to do with it. I think doing a bit of fund raising like suggested is an excellent idea - together we could raise a lot for breast cancer awareness.

yet again well done you! :)

Thanks sweetcheeks I hope that your nan is okay and I have much empathy for you.

loo said:
Thanks sweetcheeks I hope that your nan is okay and I have much empathy for you.

Thanks loo. I definately think you should approach the NHS magazine with your breast cancerawareness nail art you would get a lot more support from others and it coukd raise a lot of money.

you will have to let us know what happens.

I havent approached them yet but would like more people to know about it. I will let you know what happens I will try and find out who to contact in the next few weeks not sure who to ring or any thing???? Any ideas?

Hi loo,

Try writing a letter to the editor of the magazine to see if they can either print an article or forward you onto someone else.

If that doesn't work you could try writing to the breast cancer awareness trust, they might have some really good ideas. :)

loadzahugs

Thanks Rachel for your advice I will definately try to contact the mag or the actual breast cancer campaign I need to tell them anyway so that the proceeds can be sent to them!!

Take care speak soon xx

loo said:
Hello

Here are some pics of some of my latest nail art designs. I have designed some for breast cancer awareness as this is a charity very close to my heart and would like to be able to raise some money towards the charity even if it is only a small amount it all helps doesnt it! My Grandma has recently suffered with breast cancer but is hopefully on the way to recovery. A client has seen the nails and is going to have one for a friends wedding and she then told me that her mum also had breast cancer but has fortunately been in recovery for five years now!!! It is great to hear about the recovery stories and it helps those with the disease to stay positive. Hope you like the pictures, ive also included some pics of nails etc that I have done recently.

:D :D

Hi Loo,

Those pics are fab, i love the butterfly on the french and all the breast cancer awareness ones in the first pic - they're beautiful! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back