Breast cancer awareness nailart etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
Hello

Here are some pics of some of my latest nail art designs. I have designed some for breast cancer awareness as this is a charity very close to my heart and would like to be able to raise some money towards the charity even if it is only a small amount it all helps doesnt it! My Grandma has recently suffered with breast cancer but is hopefully on the way to recovery. A client has seen the nails and is going to have one for a friends wedding and she then told me that her mum also had breast cancer but has fortunately been in recovery for five years now!!! It is great to hear about the recovery stories and it helps those with the disease to stay positive. Hope you like the pictures, ive also included some pics of nails etc that I have done recently.

:D :D

Attachments

• Breast cancer awareness nail art (Small).jpg
    Breast cancer awareness nail art (Small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4,898
  • abstract small pic.jpg
    abstract small pic.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,179
  • Chevron French Butterfly on little finger small pic.jpg
    Chevron French Butterfly on little finger small pic.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Louise's nails small pic.jpg
    Louise's nails small pic.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,124
  • nail art by lucy small pic.jpg
    nail art by lucy small pic.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,352
I love the deep red varnish - what colour is it? The butterfly on the french chevron is also beautiful.

Lovely Lucy - as always - I particularly like the Breast Cancer ribbon ones - I think you might have stumbled on a great idea we can all get involved in - one that you don't mind everyone copying :green:

I wear one of the pink ribbons on my uniform - the pin holds a ribbon with all my nail badges on it, saves taking them all off individually at the end of every day. :cool:

fab pink ribon nails idea, like it a lot. Can you tell me also the nails you have done in what i assume is pencil, how did you do this, they are great by the way, but i have tried doing this and the only way i cn is by buffing the nail, which means you can not varnish the nail first, can only be penciled on plain non painted nails.

Any help on this one would be super.

Keep the great ideas coming

Grace x

Wow....Lucy...they are really pretty nails...... and for such a fabulous cause!
Well done!!!! :)

Thank you all for your kind comments. Answer to your question Fiona the deep red polish is called Bogata blackberry by OPI. It is one of my faves have it on my nails too at the mo!! Also answer to Grace, the pencil nails idea I got from the nail artistry book-which is full of good ideas and info. I actually buffed the unpainted tip very lightly with a white block. Then used different grades of pencil to create the shading etc on the nail. I think if you are going to do these on painted nails the colour would have to be really light and poss a couple of coats then when dry really really gently buff with the softest grade file to eliminate shine then the surface should be suitable to draw on. When I saw that Idea in the book I couldnt wait to try it as I love drawing and painting on paper let alone nails lol :D :D

I love them, and such a brill way to promote , breast cancer awareness!!!!!!!
Has my vote as it is, blooming faberoonie !!!!!!!

They are lovely Lucy. The blue ones - are they completely handpainted or is there some airbrushing in there? and what is the lovely red varnish - it looks as if it has a high shine....

Fab breast cancer awareness nails!

Carol

What a lovely job you have done and for such a great cause well done and keep up the good work - you are very talanted good luck

:o thankyou gals!!! Carol the blue nails are all done by hand wish I had an airbrush would love to learn that too. I do love hand painting nails though, it's the artist in me fighting through lol.

beautiful! i especially love the blue (2nd from left)...

im gonna be stealing that one! :D

hiya

what a fab idea, what about this, to raise money for breast cancer how about doing every nail client a ribbon on one nail and charging £1 and donating it??
Would that be cool??? or am i a fool???

Well done you....................they are fab

Take care Dawnie xxxx

fabulous as ever Lucy!

Tracy, i don't think you are a fool, i think that's a lovely idea, and i for one am going to pinch it along with some of loo's design ideas, lol!

Lucy,

What a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) Love your pink ribbion nails for Breast Cancer Awareness.
Fabulous nial art, far play to you.

They look amazing, i wish that i could draw that well so i could have a go!!!!

WELL DONE Loo, they are absolutely great especially love the pink ribbons what a fantastic idea :biggrin:

Wow! they look great Loo :)

Hi Loo

I think those designs are gorgeous, I especially like the rhinestone ribbon.

I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 11, so as you can imagine this is a charity that I also hold close to my heart. It's important people are kept aware of this terrible illness. This is a brilliant way of doing just that !

Keep up the good work !

Sassy x

What lovely designs for breast cancer awareness :biggrin:
The other pics are superb as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back