Breast Feeding Doll for children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a parent but I would feel uncomfortable. I just imagine pedophiles reactions to seeing a kid with this....

Though I feel breast feeding is natural, it is not natural for children.

It's not natural for 4 year old children to have babies either, but we give them baby dolls?

I see less harm in these dolls than the ones that have bottles to be honest. At least with these our children would grow up feeling breastfeeding is the natural thing to do. Bottle feeding dolls are conditioning kids from an early age to something thats merely been a fashion for a few years against the way things have been done for thousands! But no one complains about a doll with a bottle in it's mouth?

:sad:

It's not natural for 4 year old children to have babies either, but we give them baby dolls?

I don't have a daughter of my own. So I can only give my opinion on this. I really hate to see little girls with baby dolls. I really do. I don't believe had I had a daughter that I would have given her one.

Why do we give them to our little girls anyway? To teach them to be mommies? I didn't play with dolls at all and I am a very good mom. I'd rather see a little girl with a stuffed bear than a baby doll, especially one that nurses.

I don't have a daughter of my own. So I can only give my opinion on this. I really hate to see little girls with baby dolls. I really do. I don't believe had I had a daughter that I would have given her one.

Why do we give them to our little girls anyway? To teach them to be mommies? I didn't play with dolls at all and I am a very good mom. I'd rather see a little girl with a stuffed bear than a baby doll, especially one that nurses.

The reasons we give our children dolls is the same as we give them dressing up costumes and toy tools. They have fabulous imaginations and they want to act grown up. Kids love to play pretend shopping where they learn about money and when old enough it helps them to learn about giving enough money and getting change etc.. My daughter (4) even has an old mobile top up card and calls it her card (refering to my debit card). They love to pretend to be mammy or daddy just like they love to pretend to get married or to be a policeman, fireman etc..

It is about allowing children to be whatever they want to be in their world of imagination. I allow my son (3) to push a pram and play with dolls as he pretends to be a daddy - nothing wrong with that at all. My daughter (4) plays with cars, trains and tools - that too is perfectly accceptable.

My older children still play role play games but they are more complex. My daughter (8) loves to be a model and plays with her hair and make-up. My son (14) gets his lego out and allows his imagination to run wild making dragons and spacecraft and all number of different things and the only thing that limits him is his imagination (and sometimes running out of lego pieces lol).

Play is how children learn best and role play is part of that.

My only real opinion on it is its not necessary. Same as a baby actually moving its lips to take a bottle. Kids will imitate breast feeding as they will feeding them a bottle and that's fine don't think it needs to be anymore 'real' than that for breast or bottle tbh.

X x x

I'm just waiting for them to release pregnant barbie with her own maternity wing she can ahave a natural birth or c section ;) i jest obviously!

I see less harm in these dolls than the ones that have bottles to be honest. At least with these our children would grow up feeling breastfeeding is the natural thing to do. Bottle feeding dolls are conditioning kids from an early age to something thats merely been a fashion for a few years against the way things have been done for thousands! But no one complains about a doll with a bottle in it's mouth?

:sad:

I agree! Its ok for them to play changing a dirty bum, for dolls to wee etc too but not to feed as god intended!?
I cant understand a problem with it.
I also dissagree with perv's getting a kick out of it, so would the people who are worried not allow their girls to wear skirts, swimming costumes ect incase someone see's their knickers or flesh?
The toy shows nothing and so I cant see this 'perv' argument to be valid in all honesty.

Make-believe and role play is a big part of a childs development and plays a big role in shaping them into who they become as they grow up, why should they grow up thinking it is not normal to feed a baby in this way? Why should a bottle be seen as the norm for them as opposed to a breast?
If they see adults feeding a baby then they will know what breasts are for anyway.
From my experience children are far less concerned by seeing a baby breastfed then adults are.

My only real opinion on it is its not necessary. Same as a baby actually moving its lips to take a bottle. Kids will imitate breast feeding as they will feeding them a bottle and that's fine don't think it needs to be anymore 'real' than that for breast or bottle tbh.

X x x

I'm just waiting for them to release pregnant barbie with her own maternity wing she can ahave a natural birth or c section ;) i jest obviously!

haha, you know I'm surprised there isnt a pregnant barbie you know!

I do agree actually though that it isnt really necessary for it all to move any more then a bottle fed doll moving, like you say, children will pretend anyway. I think the doll has been created to create controversy and as a kind of novelty toy, look at the media coverage received.

I'm sure there was a pregnant barbie once and barbie babies lol,i also feel that a it's an unecessary thing for a child to have. Surely a child could pretend to breastfeed any doll,there's no need to have a doll specifically for this purpose xx

I think a good point that has been made is that this degree of detail is unnecessary as children have wonderful imaginations and powers of invention.
I think many toys are too technical, or detailed, and can stifle imaginative play.

Really? Did she asks why a child's chest is private?

Good lord.

I think a good point that has been made is that this degree of detail is unnecessary as children have wonderful imaginations and powers of invention.
I think many toys are too technical, or detailed, and can stifle imaginative play.

couldn't agree more hun! Especially the last part! How many times have parents complained that the kiddie loved the box it came in more than the toy itself? Its cos those kiddies have fantastic little imaginations where that box becomes a car, a plane or somethin entirely different. I was one of those kids and my six year old boy is too and i love it! Don't get me wrong he still loves his computer games and films and techie stuff but he has a wicked little imagination that i love to see. Sorry slightly off topic but still along the same lines lol!

Really? Did she asks why a child's chest is private?

Good lord.

Yes 'she' did.. And you never answered my question?

I would not blink an eyelid if I saw a pre-pubescent CHILD running round with no top on. However once puberty begins that should be when they become private.

It troubles me how children are being sexualised at such a young age.

Jmho :)

Yes 'she' did.. And you never answered my question?

I would not blink an eyelid if I saw a pre-pubescent CHILD running round with no top on. However once puberty begins that should be when they become private.

It troubles me how children are being sexualised at such a young age.

Jmho :)

what question?

i've already stated that WE'RE not the ones sexualizing them. it's the perverts and by teaching children that their private parts should remain private, we can help protect them.

what question?

i've already stated that WE'RE not the ones sexualizing them. it's the perverts and by teaching children that their private parts should remain private, we can help protect them.

I asked why a CHILD'S (non developed!) chest area should be considered a 'private' part? You never answered just replied with a sarcastic comment.

I think we need to agree to disagree on this one.

Why are you debating if a childs chest is or isn't private - it has nothing to do with this toy.

The toy comes with a top that the child wears with mechanical bits in the breast area so that the doll knows when it is put near the breast - the childs chest would therefore be covered when playing with the toy.

I think all this talk of perverts is over the top too. These toys would be mostly played with at home in privacy so unless your in the habit of inviting people you don't trust into your home it should not be of concern when choosing toys for a child.

If your choosing an outdoor toy things are different but in reality what a pervert might think IF they happened accross a child really should not be the top concern of someone looking to buy for a child.
Is the toy suitable for the child, is it safe, is it something that they will enjoy, is it a fun thing or an educational one - all these things and more should be thought of and a teeny bit of thought to 'what if' MIGHT be a good thing if the toy is to be sen in public a lot (like a bike or a slide ifywim).

My initial reaction to this toy had nothing to do with paedophiles, sexualising children, childrens chests etc. It was euk, what's the point?? Like everyone here agrees kids have amazing imaginations and can do the same thing with a doll that doesn't require the child to wear a special top and doesn't move it's mouth. What's next? Baby bumps and fake breasts for kids?? Let them stretch their t-shirts out by shoving a pillow up their top like we used to. It's just a piece of nonsense-let them play. Why does everything have to be made so real?? PGx

I just cannot understand what is so bad about this doll.. Anyway I have 2 girls to bath and put to bed and a holiday to pack for!
I appreciate where everyone is coming from and we all have our own opinions each as valid as the next :)

Byeeee!!

Latest posts

Back