Bridal client with Alopecia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I have a bridal client that has recently booked on for trial this coming weekend and one of her bridesmaids has Alopecia.

I have ask the bride to contact me regarding her requests etc for the trial as can not speak to the BM directly as its a very sensitive issue with her and she will not discuss it, which I understand, however I'm not sure how advanced the Alopecia is so I'm not sure what styles are going to work and what her expectations are etc

I was wondering if any can tell me any dos or donts when dealing with Alopeicia when it comes to styling the hair or any tips?

I would be very grateful for any advice or tips

Many thanks

lady M

Hey
I Had the same problem not so long ago but when I went to do the trial she was very helpful! She will usually tell u her ways in which she covers it up, so just try and work with that! Don't be affraid to ask her questions, I'm sure she will help u out and understand that u may not be able to work miricals! Sounds stupid but have a play about and u will no what to do I'm sure cx

It can be a highly emotive issue to the sufferer which others may sympathise but in reality have no real understanding how dihabilitating this disease can be.

If i was you i would ask to speak to the sufferer in person to see if there is anything you can do to make the experience as unpainful as possible, or if you can't when organising the trial maybe book her in first and ensure the others dont turn up till later incase she has any issues and she doesnt want anyone else to hear about it or see her patches.

Just be very aware that this is a terrible condition and it effects peoples emotions in a huge way, having said that everyone is different so one person will be very matter of fact and open and others will be hugely embarrassed and having a stranger messing with their hair a nightmare situation.

Just be kind and treat her how you would like to be treated.

Latest posts

Back