Bridal Hair and Beauty- we need a name!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Need some quick suggestions of a name for a small business venture I have going on at the moment. My friend and I are advertising to brides, she'll do the hair and i'll do the make-up. We have our own business names but we want a joint one.

What can it be?

We were thinking something like Bespoke Hair and Beauty (brought to you by xx and xx). But now i want to add something unique into it like 'Fairytale Makeovers'

What do you think? Please help!! :| x

Hi geeks,

Need some quick suggestions of a name for a small business venture I have going on at the moment. My friend and I are advertising to brides, she'll do the hair and i'll do the make-up. We have our own business names but we want a joint one.

What can it be?

We were thinking something like Bespoke Hair and Beauty (brought to you by xx and xx). But now i want to add something unique into it like 'Fairytale Makeovers'

What do you think? Please help!! :| x

Daydreams - because it's the most important day of your life and you wanna look like a princess...

Daydreams - because it's the most important day of your life and you wanna look like a princess...

Ahhh liking it a lot. Thanks! Usually good at this kind of thing but feeling brain dead atm! x

Any others feel free to suggest x x

Bridal Glow,

I do....bridal hair and make up,

Something bold,something new,something bridal and something you.

Beautiful big day

Brides best friend

Bridal beauty team

Have you market tested this?

I'm not sure how much demand there is for a hairdresser to do a bride's hair when she already has a relationship with her existing hairdresser. I know that when our clients get married, we usually start planning the hair 2 years in advance in some cases.

We also try to plan the bridesmaids too (even if they are not clients) so that the bride's hair shines on the day above that of her bridesmaids. The bridesmaids usually get a 'toned down' or 'inspired by' version of the bride's style.

To be honest, I think your services would be better off offered through a wedding photographer as a "bridal touch up team" for the big day. Something like this - "Ensure every photo is perfect from the morning to the night by booking our bridal touch up team - on hand to touch up hair and makeup of the entire wedding party at all times throughout the day. Booking this team ensures that even your new mother-in-law looks radiantly happy on every photo of you stealing her son away from her!".

:D

I always go to the same place to get my hair done, but I looked for a bridal hairdresser to come to the house and a makeup artist. Most of the girls I knew who got married the same year as me felt the same. X

Bridal Glow,

I do....bridal hair and make up,

Something bold,something new,something bridal and something you.

Beautiful big day

Brides best friend

Bridal beauty team

Loving these, thank you :D xx

Have you market tested this?

I'm not sure how much demand there is for a hairdresser to do a bride's hair when she already has a relationship with her existing hairdresser. I know that when our clients get married, we usually start planning the hair 2 years in advance in some cases.

We also try to plan the bridesmaids too (even if they are not clients) so that the bride's hair shines on the day above that of her bridesmaids. The bridesmaids usually get a 'toned down' or 'inspired by' version of the bride's style.

To be honest, I think your services would be better off offered through a wedding photographer as a "bridal touch up team" for the big day. Something like this - "Ensure every photo is perfect from the morning to the night by booking our bridal touch up team - on hand to touch up hair and makeup of the entire wedding party at all times throughout the day. Booking this team ensures that even your new mother-in-law looks radiantly happy on every photo of you stealing her son away from her!".

:D

Yes we have and since we started last week we have ten joint bookings already. Very few hairdressers in our area go to the home/venue to do the brides hair which is a big selling point for us.

I do really like the touch up team idea, thank you. Not sure what we would charge for this though?

I'm a professional make up artist and after 7 years I still get asked in almost every email enquiry if I can recommend a bridal hairstylist. Mobile bridal hair is in such demand, brides want you to come to them at their venue and hairdressers can't leave the Salon on Saturday, leaving a huge gap for bridal hairstylists.

I'm a professional make up artist and after 7 years I still get asked in almost every email enquiry if I can recommend a bridal hairstylist. Mobile bridal hair is in such demand, brides want you to come to them at their venue and hairdressers can't leave the Salon on Saturday, leaving a huge gap for bridal hairstylists.

I agree! And my friend does the most stunning hair-ups. I feel confident working with her as bridal hair is such a big deal and I know the brides are in safe hands in a relaxed atmosphere! x

And brides particularly love the idea of a MUA and hairstylist together. You've got twice the man (girl) power and twice the creative talent! Works exceptionally well for me, not a single bride in 7 years has gone to a salon on the morning of her wedding and always use the stylist I recommend! Good luck you will be swamped with bookings!

I love 'brides best friend' xx

As far as names go, I would do 2 separate websites, one for you as a make up artist and one for this venture, and your friend too. That way you're covering all your bases, make up on its own, hair and make up, and hair on its own. Some brides only want one or the other if they have a family member who does hair or make up, or they are doing their own hair etc. Remember every bride you do, you will get at least 5 referrals so even if its just make up or just hair, the friend at the wedding, who loves what you did, who is getting married next year, might want both. Choose a name that has the words bridal, hair and make up, that way all the search engines will pick your site up and you'll one up in every search in your area. X x

Funny I stumbled across this thread as I am setting up the exact same thing with an old colleague and we think there is a huge market for it, we will be advertising pampering for hen parties and baby showers too. I love the idea of being on hand during the photo shoot, I had a bit of confetti behind my tiara in my photos and not one person mentioned it! It would have been great to have someone there to take care of these finer details.

As for a name, We wrote a list of all things weddingy that we could think of like

Rose
Dreams
Love
Bride
Beauty
Diamond
Crystal
Elegance
Inspiring
Blush

Theres so many, then we just played around until we found something we liked and we felt reflected our service, eg

Bride and Beauty
Dreams and roses
Diamonds and elegance

For us, having the 'and' just seemed important as there were two of us x if you want to know our chosen name you can pm me, if you aren't local we could share ideas too!!!

I really like, 'I Do.. Bridal Hair and Beauty.'

Sounds like a great venture, best of luck to you both xo

As far as names go, I would do 2 separate websites, one for you as a make up artist and one for this venture, and your friend too. That way you're covering all your bases, make up on its own, hair and make up, and hair on its own. Some brides only want one or the other if they have a family member who does hair or make up, or they are doing their own hair etc. Remember every bride you do, you will get at least 5 referrals so even if its just make up or just hair, the friend at the wedding, who loves what you did, who is getting married next year, might want both. Choose a name that has the words bridal, hair and make up, that way all the search engines will pick your site up and you'll one up in every search in your area. X x

Great advice, thanks very much. We both work on our own separately too so i have my own business name as does she.

Glad to hear you think we will get plenty of bookings :) we are both very good at what we do and hope it is a success as I believe we have a lot to offer :) xx

Latest posts

Back