Bridal hair course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gellish nails

Reaction score
Hi I have now done 2 bridal up hair courses and still not confident to go out and do it on real brides...usually with my other courses waxing threading massage ect I learnt it and started doing these treatments straight away... has anyone else had to do more than one course in order to be sucessful in bridal hair ??

You just really need to practise because it's so nerve wracking that your doing an actual bride for their wedding it's a big deal!! Practise on whoever you can and I think you learn more that way about how to do up different hair textures and lengths

I'm booked to do a hair up course next week , I hate doing hair ups brides anything remotely close to putting hair up , what course did you do ?

Yes I've been on a couple of hair up courses too & after doing a few brides hair ups decided it's not for me. I never really enjoyed doing hair ups anyway but as I'm mobile & do makeup also, saw it as a nice little niche to get into. Five years later I've never regretted not doing it, it just isn't for me, I think it's like marmite ...you either love it or hate it.

I've only done five minute hair up tips and tricks with Sophia Hilton L'Oréal and got a Sally head to practise on!

I agree with @Red Fox that it's a marmite thing. :)
Bridal hair styling as opposed to 'hair up' is usually done as a full unit on level 3 hairdressing courses because it needs both technical skill and creative flair to do it well.

I think if you are naturally very creative, you can learn the basic techniques and then develop your own styles.

I'm booked to do a hair up course next week , I hate doing hair ups brides anything remotely close to putting hair up , what course did you do ?
I did a local hair course which was not all that good ... did a 5 day asian hair and makeup course... now in april going to learn with pam wrigley in birmingham...

I did a local hair course which was not all that good ... did a 5 day asian hair and makeup course... now in april going to learn with pam wrigley in birmingham...

Hello

I just wondered if you attended the pam wrigley hair house and whether you would recommend it?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello
I just wondered if you attended the pam wrigley hair house and whether you would recommend it?
Thank you.

Hi I did attend Pan Wrigleys course and I did learn a lot.. we then also have access to 6 months access to all the videos and web seminars.. All styles were started by putting rollers in first then styled so what ever you did looked fab.. for the price it is worth.

Hi I did attend Pan Wrigleys course and I did learn a lot.. we then also have access to 6 months access to all the videos and web seminars.. All styles were started by putting rollers in first then styled so what ever you did looked fab.. for the price it is worth.

Ive watched a few of her you tube videos and I really like her approach to doing hair ups.
Did you do the 2 day bridal course?
It's great to hear positive feedback as I'm quite keen to book but I can't do the Birmingham dates so I'm waiting for the new dates to be released. X

Ive watched a few of her you tube videos and I really like her approach to doing hair ups.
Did you do the 2 day bridal course?
It's great to hear positive feedback as I'm quite keen to book but I can't do the Birmingham dates so I'm waiting for the new dates to be released. X
I did the 2 day course

Latest posts

Back