Bridal make up charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I know this has been covered before but wondered if you make up geeks could tell me how much you charge for the brides/bridesmaids trial & the big day ?

Also do you ever get any brides that don't book you because they think its to expensive ?

The reason i ask is i have started to get lots of requests for bridal make up but all have been shocked by the price !!

The most recent one i qouted £80 for the brides trial & wedding day and £35 each bridesmaid (on the day for three of them) The bride emailed me to say she didn't realise it would so expensive for hair & make up. Hair is being charged at £38 trial & £40 on the day but another girl i know is doing that.

What do you think are my prices to high ?

I know this has been covered before but wondered if you make up geeks could tell me how much you charge for the brides/bridesmaids trial & the big day ?

Also do you ever get any brides that don't book you because they think its to expensive ?

The reason i ask is i have started to get lots of requests for bridal make up but all have been shocked by the price !!

The most recent one i qouted £80 for the brides trial & wedding day and £35 each bridesmaid (on the day for three of them) The bride emailed me to say she didn't realise it would so expensive for hair & make up. Hair is being charged at £38 trial & £40 on the day but another girl i know is doing that.

What do you think are my prices to high ?

I charge £25 for the bride's trial (per look), £20 for bridesmaids and other guests. On the wedding day I charge £60 for the bride, £45 for bridesmaids and other guests.

Do your prices reflect your experience and quality of work in your portfolio? If they do, no probs! Some people will always expect something for very little, or in fact something for nothing, in which case they can potter off down to their local Clinique counter and get their wedding makeup 'advised' by a sales-assistant-cum-makeup-artist.

I really wouldn't worry yourself with this client.

Thanks Amy, the prices above are for mobile & this particular bride is over 20 miles away & i would be giving up the whole morning/afternoon so i did increase the prices slightly.

I haven't worked out salon prices yet but they will be cheaper as i won't have to travel to locations etc.

I haven't got a portfolio at the moment as the salons i worked at previously didn't keep them, wish i had now.

I must admit that keeping photos or keeping a portfolio is the one thing I have never kept. I remember once in our local paper there was the wedding pages I had done about 3 of the 5 brides on that page.

Anyway some very organised brides have a budget they stick to and she has probably looked for someone who fit in with their budget. Some leave it very last minute too.

I charge about £50 for trial and make-up on the day. And £25 each for bridesmaids & mother of the bride.

for bridal makeup we charge £45 which includes consultaion and trial.

Thanks for your replies, :hug:

Can i also ask how much time you allow for the trial & on the wedding day ?

hi

i charge £45 inc trial and on the day m/up (brides) - £25 for Bridesmaids/mothers etc trial and on the day - any extra trials are charged at £10 each - never had to do one though

i take as long as they want on the trial - but usually around hour - hour and half if bride only - most often i have done bride and 2 bridesmaids and am there about 3 hours which includes consultation as well -

on the day - i get there a good half hour before time we agreed at the trial so i can set up etc - and i do bridesmiads first usually takes about 30 mins each and then i allow 45 - 55 mins for bride - i never need that long - but then you have time to do last min touch ups before they leave if necessary
especially lips - cos they are usually having a glass of champagne while getting ready lol

hope this helps

nicola
x

Hi there

Looking at your price's & comparing with others posted. For the klm's travel taken into consideration I think you're fairly reasonable. Some will baulk & others won't.

Another suggestion maybe would be to have a retail package of some sort -

Refreshing spritzer aroma spray + lip gloss/stick + lipliner in same colours for the day.
If 2 or more are purchased you can take a % from the travel fee, if all purchase waver the fee as a bonus to the bride maybe?

HtH

XX J XX

hi

i charge £45 inc trial and on the day m/up (brides) - £25 for Bridesmaids/mothers etc trial and on the day - any extra trials are charged at £10 each - never had to do one though

i take as long as they want on the trial - but usually around hour - hour and half if bride only - most often i have done bride and 2 bridesmaids and am there about 3 hours which includes consultation as well -

on the day - i get there a good half hour before time we agreed at the trial so i can set up etc - and i do bridesmiads first usually takes about 30 mins each and then i allow 45 - 55 mins for bride - i never need that long - but then you have time to do last min touch ups before they leave if necessary
especially lips - cos they are usually having a glass of champagne while getting ready lol

hope this helps

nicola
x

Thanks Nicola :)

Hi there

Looking at your price's & comparing with others posted. For the klm's travel taken into consideration I think you're fairly reasonable. Some will baulk & others won't.

Another suggestion maybe would be to have a retail package of some sort -

Refreshing spritzer aroma spray + lip gloss/stick + lipliner in same colours for the day.
If 2 or more are purchased you can take a % from the travel fee, if all purchase waver the fee as a bonus to the bride maybe?

HtH

XX J XX

Thanks J you've made me feel better about prices. Great idea about retail package :green:

the cheapest i have seen a salon charge in my area for bridal makeup is £85

Might move down London for a few days a week - lol.

If the 85 is for the trial as well, then it's not a bad price for a salon makeup in London.

If you book wedding makeup with a London makeup artist, including trial, you won't get any change out of 200 pounds.

Latest posts

Back