Bridal mani & pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
Hi all

One of my best friends is getting married mid August and as a present i have offered to give her a mani & pedi the day before the wedding (hen pressie)
I live in Austria and shes in Dublin
Her toenails are badly discoloured as she always wears nailvarnish with NO base coat
Her nails (hand) are not as bad she has nice long beds but ridged and she has a habit of filing into an almond shape & keeps them v. short ...

So what advice to give - the wedding is in 6 weeks
She does not want acrylics or gel

I have suggested nail oil - lots of it, filing square to allow the free edge to catch up, so we can shape a little better, square also for strength as I have read the nail is stronger when square therefore risk of breakage is minimized

With the toenails ... hmmmm
Ive said no nailvarnish till we meet and every shower a foot peeling scrub and after also nail oil

Was that the right advice?

thanks

cait

Plus on the day, when should I use the ridge filler exactly , Im always very confused about this - and on a tangent am I not supposed to use this with tips before gel/acrylic:rolleyes:

base coat does not prevent yellowing, its a myth, but to removed it LIGHTLY buff and it should come off ok.

Plenty of cuticle oil will help with the health of nails, both hands and feet!

hth

I once advised my cousin to file her nails square to make them stronger, but after she had done this all her nails started splitting and breaking. Maybe the square look doesn't work for everybody?:confused:

Oh crikey!
The one thing I cant have are her nails cracking before the big day......:eek:
Maybe I should advise her to get a manicure now somewhere locally ?

Latest posts

Back