Bridal updos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
can i ask where you get your inspiration for bridal updos?
does the bride usually know what she wants in advance, or ask for recommendations?
do you use her own pins, simple hair accessories etc or supply pins for the updos yourself?

I used to love doing bridal hair while in the salon. I would start with consultation, the bride will often have some kind of idea what she wants, I'd also recommend some styles. The salon I worked had a few books ( can't remember the names) and I would adapt the brides to suit the bride. We would always supply the clips, buns etc. the bride would bring any fancy accessories she wanted in her hair. Oh and I would always do a trial. I stopped doing hair a while ago but still often look on the net or you tube for new styles and inspiration, which is a good job because im now returning to the profession.

Sorry just re read my post.... I meant to say I would adapt the styles to suit the bride.... Just to add, during the consultation I would ask about the style of her dress as wee as the bridesmaids and how they are having their hair.

Fashion runways are typically where the inspiration begins with each new season... Trickle down effect... The styles start on the runways and work their way into society. Usually the trends are a bit behind, but I find that watching the runway shows gives you a heads up on what will be big for the following year. I'm hoping this braiding trend goes away before this summer, it's tired!

runways and alot of brides dont want typical bridal anymore they are looking much closer to stars on the red carpet. unfortuately i do occassionaly dind myself getting slightly bord by the end of summer as i would say there are about 5 styles i find extremely repetitive.x

runways and alot of brides dont want typical bridal anymore they are looking much closer to stars on the red carpet. unfortuately i do occassionaly dind myself getting slightly bord by the end of summer as i would say there are about 5 styles i find extremely repetitive.x

Agreed! I could do without the low side swept chignon personally... Then again, it's a quick and easy solution for the directionless bride's maid. Haha

Latest posts

Back