BRIDGE a crazy SHAPE!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the design, the shape, the length, the colour & artwork.

Thankyou so much for showing and sharing.....I love it.....:):):)

My goodness so much jealousy so ME ME ME ... I am convinced that IT and not LOVE that makes the world go round.

Sheesh .. we're talking about a silly nail shape not someone claiming to have found the cure for Cancer!! People should really get a grip on reality. It is not the Mona Lisa that is being copied!

I agree with Bob People should share and not be greedily grasping for all the Glory!! There is not much that is new under the sun.

The things I have done and said and written and demonstrated in my nail career that bazillions now have copied and do ...... and I have passed it all on willingly. So much so that it even comes back to me from some who think they are telling me something new and I was doing it 20 years ago :lol: Very amusing when it happens. I couldn't give a rats behind whether or not the glory rests on my shoulders. :lol: It's NAILS .... pretty unimportant in the whole scheme of things really.

I couldn´t agree more!!

I don't think it's just the me-me-me attitude. It may be also about attracting students who pay for courses and workshops, may be, some high-end customers who want to know for sure that they are having their nails done by a top tech...
Finally it's about selling products using a certain name. :green:
A nail-tech on their own wouldn't get anywhere far even if they invented something truly revolutionary.

BTW, I've heard that people in the 'big' fashion industry take out patents on fabric prints that they design! :eek:
And who knows what else. ;)

This is not the same thing at all as claiming a nail shape as ones own.

Fabric design is a complicated business and is often absolutely unique and never been done before. Of course it can be copyright.

I don't know what silly shenanigans are going on with nail shapes, but take the so called 'pipe' design. Old timers like myself were bending nail tips around wooden dowls 25 years ago to get the 40% of a circle needed for competition. So someone now does it round a metal pipe thingy ... and they are claiming it is their original idea to do so?? ... absolute rubbish!

The fact is that everything has been done before.. including the EDGE design ... only when someone did that back then it was as an example of how NOT to do a nail, as the form had not been applied correctly!! Now it is a design for a new nail shape that someone is bragging about? It's a joke. JMHO

This is not the same thing at all as claiming a nail shape as ones own.
Fabric design is a complicated business and is often absolutely unique and never been done before. Of course it can be copyright.

Of course, I am not a pro in patent law or procedures, or fashion industry for that matter but it just seems strange to patent a pattern...
I cannot imagine how to do a patent search in this case, for instance...
And how to assess uniqueness, which is not a technical issue strictly for a patent bureau to solve?...
And there may be other questions of the kind.

Can you imagine nail-techs patenting their designs?? It would be totally absurd IMHO and where would we be with our sharing? :lol:
I don't even want to mention the idea. ;)

Now it is a design for a new nail shape that someone is bragging about? It's a joke. JMHO

I am with you on that!
I've written my oppinion on the issues of nail-shapes and the like on the previous page and in BobSweden's thread on nail-shapes here:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/98262-we-talking-nails-shapes-heres-irynas-aztec.html

But I think it may be complicated than just bragging. That would be totally stupid, infantile, not to mention short-sighted.
May be BobSweden will give us some insights in his article as to the nature of this behaviour and the patent-scandal :green:

Last edited:
Design is more a matter of copyright rather than a patent.

Designs in fabric etc are copyright not patented. Someone can own a design for example Burberry; their famous tartan known the world over, is copyright to them alone and it is actually illegal to copy it (though MANY TRY). Fabric design is a unique creation by the artist and people cannot just copy it and sell it under another name or as an original if there is a copyright on that design. There are big fines for using copyright designs. (my husband was in the textile business for years and knows all about this).

A new invention can be patented if it is something new different and unique. As far as I can see a nail shape is not an invention that does anything. And to claim the use of a design, that many have done before , as ones own is ludicrous and presumptuous. To take a copyright out on something like that would entail proving that you were the first to do it (I would have thought). And to sue someone for reproducing it I cannot believe would hold up in a court of law.

May be BobSweden will give us some insights in his article as to the nature of this behaviour and the patent-scandal :green:

Naughty, naughty, Ris.

You are in Ukraine and we both know, that you know, what I also know :lol:
I think the young lady in question made herself very unpopular and one would have thought that would have taught her a lesson. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have done.

I'm on the side of the forces of light, not darkness.

If you get wat i'mean!

:hug:

I think the young lady in question
A young lady?
I thought there were other people involved in all and not a one, especially young, (and probably very inexperienced ;), lady. ))))

But I wouldn't want to indulge in hearsay.

Hmm.. I am not in Ukraine but....

I was the FIRSt who W.D. & The Saint ;) Familly with her Lawyer OFFICIALY disclose to the court, in connection with her " :):):) PATENT" . Her Lawyer want from me about 50000 EURO.... :rolleyes::irked::green::green::green::lol:

I was "the Beginning" of the Edgewar.
Do You know, that she( besides Edge Shape)want to patent a Stiletto and Square and Pipe Shape ????? Also something that ist not shes Work at all!

...... now die BIG_BOOM Lady from Ukraine must pay my Layer .
...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we still waiting on the PATENT.....
I think the reality for she wasnt so pretty ..... and in Germany nobody want she with her Edge....

Sad und unnecessary.Nobody is the winner. Besides our lawyers,of course.

Last edited:
this sounds serious..... We brits better stay out :lol:

does it matter who " invented" it?? it er.. looks fab .. well done and thanks for sharing..beautiful nail art..

it wont go down in history with alexander bell( inventor of that plastic thing we hold to our ears and talk into) its a nail shape LOL!!!! its mad.. wonder if i can patent the shape of my big bum... hmmm

Hmm.. I am not in Ukraine but....

I was the FIRSt who W.D. & The Saint ;) Familly with her Lawyer OFFICIALY disclose to the court, in connection with her " :):):) PATENT" . Her Lawyer want from me about 50000 EURO.... :rolleyes::irked::green::green::green::lol:

I was "the Beginning" of the Edgewar.
Do You know, that she( besides Edge Shape)want to patent a Stiletto and Square and Pipe Shape ????? Also something that ist not shes Work at all!

...... now die BIG_BOOM Lady from Ukraine must pay my Layer .
...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we still waiting on the PATENT.....
I think the reality for she wasnt so pretty ..... and in Germany nobody want she with her Edge....

Sad und unnecessary.Nobody is the winner. Besides our lawyers,of course.

Dear god, I am amazed at this! :eek:

What next are the nail police going come round and check clients nails for the shape????? It is sad when it comes to this, what does it matter who does what shape. Sorry I don't get the pettiness of it all.

This is really going nowhere so I am, along with Bob's permission, closing it. Too silly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back